Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in Spain

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:54am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Here's a few pics from a long spin I took from Madrid the other day, including the ascent of the Puerto de Morcuera, that I'd mentioned here before.

2787379650_9612ac2344.jpg

2787381074_4d779774b8.jpg

2786525937_1bcbf70d8c.jpg

There's an overly long and overly self-indulgent ride report on my cycling blog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Nice report there sir -you should try writing for a living :p

Only downside is that I want more -and July 07 being you last post before August 08 is just too long a gap :)

Glad you're having a good time -looks like a great place to go for a spin -hopefully the Alps will be as nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

el tonto wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    There's an overly long and overly self-indulgent ride report on my cycling blog.

True a little self indulgent. Way too many pictures of blue skies.:)
    But very well written and a damn good read. Well done on the climbs and the writing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Only downside is that I want more -and July 07 being you last post before August 08 is just too long a gap :)

I stopped blogging for a long time. Trying to ease my way back into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    I stopped blogging for a long time. Trying to ease my way back into it now.

Good -I'll have to add it to my feed list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

green i am. but i console myself with thoughts of the alps.

well done tonto - both on the cycling and on the writing. blogging is an exercise in self indulgence so no excuses need be made on that front, especially when the blogger can actually put a sentence together. very unusual that it. will it be another 13 months before the next instalment? am i the last man alive without a blog?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

niceonetom wrote: »
    will it be another 13 months before the next instalment?

Hopefully not. I'll do another little piece on a spin I took yesterday and then try and keep it semi-regular. Of course it's easy to have great intentions when you're on holiday and all you have to do is ride your bike, eat like a horse and booze the nights away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Nice work, that was a good read. Looking forward to the next one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Very enjoyable read. I enjoyed the recent report of your first time trial as well (I think it was you who wrote it!)

The roads look fabulous, hard to imagine a pothole on those surfaces. Was there much motor traffic?

oobydooby wrote: »
    Very enjoyable read. I enjoyed the recent report of your first time trial as well (I think it was you who wrote it!)

The roads look fabulous, hard to imagine a pothole on those surfaces. Was there much motor traffic?

Yep, first time trial was me alright.

Traffic isn't very heavy at all on the two passes I did, the odd car and few motorbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Great read Tonto, I'll forgive you the blue skies. Might take away from the drama of your writing but a GPS/altimeter is great for tackling unfamiliar ascents- only 1,000m climbing left to go! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Excellent read !
    Espcially liked the "We cyclists are the same. We’re like dogs chasing cars." bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Great read el tonto, I particularly liked all the bits about pain:D

I've added your blog to my favourites, so I hope that you will make slightly more frequent posts for us all to enjoy!

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Espcially liked the "We cyclists are the same. We’re like dogs chasing cars." bit :D

Yes, I'd seen the film a few days before. I actually thought it was dire. It was the only line that stuck in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Enjoyed the read and not a bad eye fot the old photos!:D Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

sy wrote: »
    Enjoyed the read and not a bad eye fot the old photos!:D Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

Cheers Sy. Planning on taking in the route of this year's mountain time trial for the Vuelta tomorrow.

2807819813_89693c1605.jpg

I did another bit of climbing yesterday. More pictures and a ride report are here.

Advertisement