Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What IT Course do i do ???

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

hey all

ive been around computers my whole life , fairly ok at them , if theres a prob , id be the one who sits at it for hours if need be to fix it , so my question is

i wanna learn IT online course as i work during the day in demanding job , but i would like to eventually work for myself in the IT Field

so with no training before , what course would be best suited for me to get on the ladder so to speak ??? im a fairly quick learner with PC's

i look after the companys small IT Needs ie , installing printers , scanners , virus protection etc

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Basic Courses (Just for learning)

Comptia Net +
    Comptia A +

Networking
    Cisco CCENT
    Cisco CCNA

Microsoft
    Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician

Have a look at those courses and see what you think, the Cisco CCENT is a great course and will teach you loads but it might be too much too soon, depending on your level of knowledge.

The big question is do you want to be able to do in a years time?
    What operating systems do you use Windows \ Linux \ Mac \ etc? (I presumed windows)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

in work i have xp professional and at home vista

i want to be able to work as IT Technician who can call to companies and fix there Pc's ie networks , vpn , virus , general pc maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Have a look at the following, the XP exam will probably be most benefical in the short term as you use it every day. Second the Cisco CCENT will give you a good start into networking and VPNs.

I put the CCENT second because it will probably take you longer to study for but its well worth it.

Microsoft XP (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional)

Cisco CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician)

Advertisement