Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cups Cups Cups (UEFA, CL and Carling Cup)

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Loads of horrid high tension and 'guess the starting 11' affairs this week.

You can get an amazing 15/1 on Standard Leige or 6/1 on a draw, similair sort of odds for FC Twenty and Anorthosis Famagusta v Olympicos.

Results from the first leg may have a bearing on who starts for Arsenal, tomorrows game could easily end in Twentys favour 1-0 or a draw. Famagusta could well defend for 90 mins as they have a 3 goal cushion.
    While hand on heart I cannot rule out Leige scuppering Liverpool or forcing extra time.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I fancy Preston at home to a woeful Derby @ 11/10 with most of the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

Man City are 5/6 vs FC Midtjylland in Denmark in the Uefa Cup on Thursday. They have to win to go through and should have too much for the Danes who had a real smash and grab in 1st leg. Throw in Liverpool at 1/5 who will surely win at home to Liege and FC Nordsjaelland 3/10 at home to beat Qof South who are mid table in Scottish Division 1 and you have a decent bet in my book. Pays about 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Done an accumulator on Carling Cup tonite...
    Burnley v Oldham (H)10/11
    Cardiff v MK Dons (H)8/13
    Preston v Derby (H)5/6
    QPR v Carlisle (H)8/13
    Rotherman v Wolves(A)EVS
    Dundee v Partick(H)4/6
    It pays bout 30/1. Left out prem teams, too dodgy and crap odds, at least Championship teams will play there best 11 and try and win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 greystoke

Artmedia Petrzalka v Juventus (Backing Juventus @ 1.55)
    Wisla Krakow v Barcelona (Backing Barcelona @ 1.49)
    Southampton v Birmingham (Backing Birmingham @ 2.25)
    Reading v Luton (Backing Reading @ 1.54)

25 euro Accum @8.0

www.puntersedge.com/forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

small punt on:

stoke
    west brom
    middlesboro -1
    bolton -1
    watford

about 13/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

EOB32 wrote: »
    Man City are 5/6 vs FC Midtjylland in Denmark in the Uefa Cup on Thursday. They have to win to go through and should have too much for the Danes who had a real smash and grab in 1st leg. Throw in Liverpool at 1/5 who will surely win at home to Liege and FC Nordsjaelland 3/10 at home to beat Qof South who are mid table in Scottish Division 1 and you have a decent bet in my book. Pays about 3/1.

I'm gonna stick to my philosophy of never betting on a City game I think, just in case.

For me -

1 Artmedia Petrzalka v Juventus (Backing Juventus @ 1.56)
    2 Wisla Krakow v Barcelona (Backing Barcelona @ 1.5)
    3 Middlesbrough v Yeovil (Backing Middlesbrough @ 1.28)
    4 Burnley v Oldham (Backing The Draw OR Oldham @ 1.69)

Oldham are my big tip for tonight. Won all their league games in League One while Burnley are second from bottom in the Championship with 1 point. Was very tempted for Oldham outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm looking at at

Barca -1 (they've travelled with a full squad bar Messi I think)
    Juve -1
    Brum
    Middlesboro
    Oldham/draw (Barnsley are in verp poor shape)
    Stoke if they play a proper 11 should beat lowly Cheltenham

50/1

EDIT - what a crap selection box!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

EOB32 wrote: »
    FC Nordsjaelland 3/10 at home to beat Q of South who are mid table in Scottish Division 1
    :eek: Queen of the South led 1-0 until the 87th minute until my new hero Martin Bernberg bagged a double in the final two minutes to leave it 2-1:D. A 3/10 shot doing this to me is not good for my heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Can't see much value in tomorrow nights games. Maybe 3 " near certainties" at 1-5 but cant trust many games. Best bet is probobly Sunderland @ EVS away to Forest. I think I'll stick it out until the weekend. La Liga can't come quick enough. Madrid @ EVS away to Deportivo on opening day!

Almost every Carling tie was a home win regardless of quality of said home side. As for Juve and Barca they must have just coasted.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Almost every Carling tie was a home win
    Mike.

Yeah, almost being the operative word
    Collie D wrote: »
    I fancy Preston at home to a woeful Derby @ 11/10 with most of the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Collie D wrote: »
    Yeah, almost being the operative word

I think this is a near certainty tomorrow...Liverpool to win 2-0 5/1, 3-0 7/1, and 4-0 8/1. Backing on all three with most money on 2-0 and 3-0s.Liverpool were poor in Belgium, but came home with no damage done. Theyve had a couple of nice wins in the league after shaky starts, but getting better and confidence must be high coming into this game..Theres rarely an upset in Anfield in Europe, so i reckon it should be comfortable for them.Suspect Robbie Keane will net his first goal for his new club.....Lump on it!

Horrible set of results tonight.

I have it on good authority that Oldham fielded a reserve team. Pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

GerCPM wrote: »
    I think this is a near certainty tomorrow...Liverpool to win 2-0 5/1, 3-0 7/1, and 4-0 8/1. Backing on all three with most money on 2-0 and 3-0s.Liverpool were poor in Belgium, but came home with no damage done. Theyve had a couple of nice wins in the league after shaky starts, but getting better and confidence must be high coming into this game..Theres rarely an upset in Anfield in Europe, so i reckon it should be comfortable for them.Suspect Robbie Keane will net his first goal for his new club.....Lump on it!

This will suit you so:

If Robbie Keane scores the last goal in this match, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st /last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Art Deco

Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Blackburn
    West Ham
    Fulham

All in an Acca tonight........anyone any idea what this pays?

Art Deco thats 3/1,

Heres's one for some potential value

Leige +2
    Twenty +2
    Anorthosis Famagusta +2

12/1

Mike

Cheers

I'm gonna have a bit of that 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Contemplating having a good bet on Liverpool -2 @ 17/10.

Personally I feel while Liverpool have got off to a steady start this season they have yet to put in a really impressive display. Torres & Keane have yet to click and with this being such a massive match this would be a good time to start.

If Liverpool can score in the first 20 minutes I would be hopeful that they can beat the handicap.

Appreciate any opinions on same.

Not a fan of soccer handicaps to be honest, especially not one for two goals. Not for me at the price I'm afraid. On the other hand I could be tempted by Mike's +2 treble

Art Deco

I just saw Paul Ince say he'll be giving "the kids" a run out, looks like it'll be 50/50 mix of first team and reserves to start the game.

Nottm Forest v Sunderland +2.5 @2.00 That could be a good bet.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

After reading what Keane said about wanting to step in up in the cup competitions Sunderland are my main bet tonight. Obviously depending on Sunderland's starting XI. If it's full team I'll back them at EVS but if it's only decent I'll back them at 4/9 (Draw no bet). Put whichever one with Liverpool to win at 1/5. Tonights bets all depend on team sheets for me.

Cheers for the info on BLackburn, I'll stay away from em so, or maybe just leave it late to place the bet until I see confirmed teams :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

once again the liverpool muppets let me down....AHGGHHHH:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

once again the liverpool muppets let me down....AHGGHHHH:mad:

You going to learn your lesson this time or back them at Villa at the weekend? :pac:

No Gerrard from Thursday for 10-15 days as he's getting an operation on a groin injury. He played through the pain against Standard Liege.

F*ckin mickey mousers, absolute jokeshop they are, never again will I get on em....

Quite fancy City away at short odds tonight (8/11)

Art Deco wrote: »
    F*ckin mickey mousers, absolute jokeshop they are, never again will I get on em....

Quite fancy City away at short odds tonight (8/11)

Lol don't do it. You'll regret it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Lads anyone get on Pats last night at 2/1. Had Elfsborg at 6/5 I know unpatriotic serves me right.

I thought I was flying 0-1 but Pats came back and won 2-1.

Anyone on the Mancs tonight at 8/11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Weekend, Chelsea, Middelsb Double.??

• Advertisement
Advertisement