Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheque question

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

my job gave me a cheque for the full amount of a college course and made it out the college directly. Now, i have already paid the deposit of the course which was about 25% of the total cost. Is there anyway i can cash this cheque and take the 25% and give the balance to the college?

Im not sure if the college will have the facility to take the cheque and issue me a cheque for the 25% i have already paid.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I wouldn't imagine so - if the cheque has been made out the the college and crossed, then only they can cash it.

Either ask your employer to write you a new cheque, or enquire if the college can refund your deposit once the new cheque is lodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

you definetely would not be able to cash.Have to ask your employer to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

i have asked but with all the bloody red tape and layers of sign off and the relevant people being on leave im looking at 3 weeks and the fees need to be paid next week. I have asked the college how do they handle an over payment and i was told i could get the difference back in a couple of months!

:(

Advertisement