Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

velvet revolver's new singer news

• 26-08-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Velvet Revolver turn down Reality TV offers

Reality TV producers have approached Velvet Revolver offering to help them find a new frontman.

Scott Weiland had an acrimonious split with Slash and Co. earlier this year and has since rejoined his old band.

Velvet Revolver's drummer Matt Sorum told reporters that several TV producers have approached them about the idea, including Mark Burnett, who produced Rock Star: Supernova and Survivor in America.

But the former Guns N Roses man said the band declined the offers because they feel that reality TV isn't the right forum to use to recruit a new member.

He added that they expected to announce more details about Weiland's replacement over the coming weeks.

Since his split from the group, Weliand has rejoined his original band, Stone Temple Pilots, and is scheduled to head out on a huge US tour later this month.

Also Strong Rumour's Lenny Kravitz is being lined up as the new front man!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

hyn-zie wrote: »
    But the former Guns N Roses man said the band declined the offers because they feel that reality TV isn't the right forum to use to recruit a new member.

Yeah, we at Acrid Nebula felt that too on our quest for a bass player. We put some ads up here on the web and in some guitar shops, but we felt the whole reality tv show was just not in the rock 'n' roll spirit :pac:

What is the world coming to, can they not just get someone in and get on with it without all the bull****? When did rock 'n' roll become such a sham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There was rumours floating around for a while that Chester Bennington from Linkin Park would be their new vocalist. He played down those rumours though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

VR - a band that traded too hard on their history from previous bands .....

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

That_Guy wrote: »
    There was rumours floating around for a while that Chester Bennington from Linkin Park would be their new vocalist. He played down those rumours though.

Yeah heard that too as well as other names, "Sebastian Bach" for one, but these were all names being thrown around, i don't think chester would suit it!!!!! sebastian would defo be a no no!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Thats old news OP, they were offered that a good while ago. Duff and Lenny Kravitz himself have denied its gonna be him, personally I dont think he could handle the Contraband tracks like Slither and Set Me Free.

I reckon Perry Farrell (ex Jane's Addiction) is in with a great chance. Hes good mates with Slash and they've appeared together playing at a good few events over the last few months, plus I think hes going to be on Slash's new solo album. Would be unsure about his voice either, dont think its strong enough.

Bach's voice is pretty good but hes great mates with Axl Rose, couldnt see him in VR.

Heard rumours about Chris Cornell as well but not sure if he'd want it or if he deserveds it (yea hes got a great rock predigree but Timbalands produced his new album for chrissakes and it sounds awful so far)

Id really like to see Eric Dover (he sang on the first Snakepit album) get a chance, his voice was great on that album but his new band (Sextus) dont let him use it right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Yeah heard that too as well as other names, "Sebastian Bach" for one, but these were all names being thrown around, i don't think chester would suit it!!!!! sebastian would defo be a no no!!!

Why would Seb Bach leave Damnocracy? Far better band IMO. Nugent is under-appreciated this side of the water more's the pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Dude Damnocracy is over lol Seb has released and toured a savage solo album since that pile of crap! band did loo good on paper tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

lee_arama wrote: »
    Nugent is under-appreciated this side of the water more's the pity.

probably cos he is a right wing tw@t..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

That_Guy wrote: »

Thankfully, I think he is terrible.

lee_arama wrote: »
    Why would Seb Bach leave Damnocracy? Far better band IMO. Nugent is under-appreciated this side of the water more's the pity.

There still going????? thought that was all done and dusted

• Advertisement

Thats old news OP, they were offered that a good while ago. Duff and Lenny Kravitz himself have denied its gonna be him, personally I dont think he could handle the Contraband tracks like Slither and Set Me Free.

I reckon Perry Farrell (ex Jane's Addiction) is in with a great chance. Hes good mates with Slash and they've appeared together playing at a good few events over the last few months, plus I think hes going to be on Slash's new solo album. Would be unsure about his voice either, dont think its strong enough.

Bach's voice is pretty good but hes great mates with Axl Rose, couldnt see him in VR.

Heard rumours about Chris Cornell as well but not sure if he'd want it or if he deserveds it (yea hes got a great rock predigree but Timbalands produced his new album for chrissakes and it sounds awful so far)

Id really like to see Eric Dover (he sang on the first Snakepit album) get a chance, his voice was great on that album but his new band (Sextus) dont let him use it right

good vocalist but i don't think he would suit and as well as that he cant write for sh!t!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Just found a quote from Duff on gnrdaily.com
    We have a singer we've been working with for a couple of months and he's actually a product of your fair country [UK] — but I won't say who. But we've also had a very interesting call from someone who's a big, big name, so it would be amazing if that worked out.

Interesting to say the least...who could the UK person be?

Just found a quote from Duff on gnrdaily.com

Interesting to say the least...who could the UK person be?

Ian astbury???? Johnny Rotten ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Ian astbury???? Johnny Rotten ha ha

Won't be Astbury, The Cult are working on new material and looking for a new record label, so they're still active it seems.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yer man from L.A. Guns... Phil something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Phil Lewis. LA Guns are touring until March 2009 and have no intention of letting him join another band. (20 years strong now) I heard he wants to spend a bit of time with his pals from Def Leppard once the tour is over as Leppard themselves are promoting their new material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm really sad to see Scott go to be honest :( I seen them shortly before the split and had a ball, love them!

I've no idea who's gona replace him but I hope it happens soon. Can't wait :D

Advertisement