Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal doors

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

I'm looking to get some new internal doors supplied and fitted, but it seems that my house has slightly unusual existing doors / frame. Whereas most doors I've seen in places like B&Q are simple 'slabs', the ones in my place have a lip on them - if that makes any sense! The frames are quite narrow too, it each door has 3, small (and flimsy) 'barrel' hinges. The house is a 1970s build I think, I assume this type of door is quite typical.

Does anyone know if this will cause a problem when getting replacements, and how much appx. I'd be looking at for 2 doors (with glass) supplied and fitted?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

It can be difficult to say as it depends on style of door, timber, size etc.

Standard Internal pine / red deal doors circa €60 - 120 each.
    Circa €80 - 100 each to hang, excluding new frames.
    Standard New frames cost €20 - 40 each and around €30 to fit.

Doors with glass cost circa €250 upwards each. Sometimes the glasss is installed in such a way that if you break the glass you mush replace the whole door!

Best to get glass cut at local glazers and install yourself - clear mastic.

I know a company that makes standard red deal doors circa €120 each, but they only charge an extra 50% to manufacture an off standard size, from their range. PM for details.

Advertisement