Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

After-market Xenons HiD's and NCT / DOE

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello all...

My 07 jeep is up for it's first DOE next month. I've fitted aftermarket HiD's headlamps at the start of this year. They are a full ballast/HiD bulb setup as opposed to just blue tint bulbs.

Will this effect my DOE test?

Any anyone had an experience with Xenons with the DOE or indeed NCT.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

once the focus and beam pattern are correct they will pass, mine did

• Registered Users Posts: 32 emagination

I've never had an problems with them, and they seem pretty spot on when it comes to alignment on the road

I've never had an problems with them, and they seem pretty spot on when it comes to alignment on the road

shouldn't be a problem then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

The NCT is a joke. I don't even bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Does this kit disable the head light adjustment switch, or any auto-levelling?

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote: »
    Does this kit disable the head light adjustment switch, or any auto-levelling?

mine are still fully adjustable from the internal switch, aftermarket kits don't have auto leveling

Hi Eoin_S...

I can still adjust the beams up and down using the level control on the dash.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are they projectors or lamps? Just make sure they are aligned and focused properly (nothing worse than seeing the light off HID glareing all over the place). Ive 8k HIDs and the leveling switch still works. My only concern is that the cables are not covered. Been meaning to get some silicone hoses for them!

They are projectors... good point though, I was worried about the beams themselves, but I should thinking about the cabling and installation too!

How does the DOE compare to an NCT... are they as strict?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

How does the DOE compare to an NCT... are they as strict?

Since the British DoE test is carried out by registered garages and the NCT is carried out by the one organisation that has no repair facilities, (and therefore no incentive to find something to fail a car on), I would put my money on the NCT. Some years ago I ran a DoE test station in the UK, and even then, compared with the NCT now, it was much stiffer (and yearly on a car over three years old).

• Advertisement
Advertisement