Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Access

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Hi Can anybody help me

I Have an access database for a club membership can i print out a certain record like an invoice, say select such a member and press a button and it previews an invoice or a receipt so you can print

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Seeing as you have given sod all detail in your question I'll give you the short answer.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You'll need a Form, a Report, a Query and a small bit of VB and SQL.

/edit: If memory serves me correctly, you might not even need to use SQL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Say i Have Joe Blogs record infront of me, can i make a button on the form that will convert the current form into a Report Preview with that current record that i was working on. so i can print a receipt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

paconnors wrote: »
    Say i Have Joe Blogs record infront of me, can i make a button on the form that will convert the current form into a Report Preview with that current record that i was working on. so i can print a receipt

Ok you need a report which pulls the information from a query which in turn pulls it's information from the database, using the current record in the form as a filter.

Then just have a button on the form to bring up the report.

Advertisement