Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Oman

Options
  • 26-08-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the ins and outs of shooting in Oman? (anyone even BEEN to Oman?) ... I might be moving there soon.

In Dubai there is the Jebel Ali shooting club who do clays etc, I dunno if the pistol range has been re-opened, ideally I'd like to do pistol shooting, but Dubai is too far from Muscat for regular trips.
    There is a shoting club in the south of Oman but it's high up air force guys running it and might be armed forces only... and it's even further than Dubai.

It would be a boring couple of years without shooting...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭freddieot

Dubai is not good for handgun shooting. The club you mention only has a few handguns and very little ammo in stock. It is quite expensive if I remember correctly.

I know someone out there. There is shooting, seems like you need to get to know the locals first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Ah Zaraba, that's music to my ears...
    Do you know, are they in Muscat area? That's where I will be based - if we manage to pull this move off.
    I'm a regular in Hilltop, at least as regular as time allows so I'm not a newbie to indoor, slow fire. Never done practical but would love to.

Thanks for the info ...

Advertisement