Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO ACCEPTANCE.

Options
  • 26-08-2008 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,
    Basically this is my situation.

On my order of preference i put down two course:

1. sg338
    2. sg334

On the 18th i got offered sg338. i did want to do this course but i changed me mind.
    I then decided that my second choice would be the more suitable course for me. sg334
    i then checked the cao vacant place website and found that there was places on sg334. so i applied.
    and now sg334 appears as my first choice and sg338 as my second.

My question is do i have to accept my first offer of sg338 before i can get offered another course.confused.gif

Thanks in advance guysbiggrin.gif

ps. any advice will be accepted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

If you got offered your first course, you wont get any more offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you can't accept sg338 now because now its your second choice.

is there an accept button beside sg334? if there is i'd press it.....just for the crack :D

if not maybe you will be offered sg334 in the second round because you qualify for your first choice.

i dont know if available places are allocated after all the rounds or in the next available round.....sorry all that sounds confusing :confused: .... i was glad to be of help :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Fuascailt wrote: »
    If you got offered your first course, you wont get any more offers.

he / she will surely be offered the available place.....otherwise they would call it ' unavailable ' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I would imagine because you have now applied for SG334 through the vacant places is the only reason you are being offered the course. CAO do not allow you to accept a second choice on your list if you have been offered a first choice. This type of scenario is probably the exception and only because places are more likely to be vacant on Level 6/7 courses than Level 8. If you want the course take it, the accept button would not be there unless you were being offered the course. If it is now listed as your first choice and you do not accept it, you may not be offered it in the second round. You could always contact the CAO to confirm this.

If this is your first choice on your Level 6/7 courses and you do not accept it, you will not be offered any more Level 6/7 courses in the next round, you may still be eligible for Level 8 courses if you have applied for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭patrickdt10

pathway33 wrote: »
    he / she will surely be offered the available place.....otherwise they would call it ' unavailable ' :D
    this was what i figured. you and i both figured rite. i got offered the available place.:D
    but im thinkin now that i will take a year out and get me **** straight(and also to take it handy):D and apply again next year.
    thanks guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement