Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Next Week (with poll!)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I can't make it on friday. Sebastian Leger is on

Cool, where abouts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

I wonder if i can make it, i'm back home but i might have to be down on saturday. How do i recognise everyone? or will everyone bring a laptop so we can post where we are in the pub....or is that just silly...lol really how will i know

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

chrussell wrote: »
    I wonder if i can make it, i'm back home but i might have to be down on saturday. How do i recognise everyone? or will everyone bring a laptop so we can post where we are in the pub....or is that just silly...lol really how will i know

I can just imagine about ten heads walking around the pub looking very sheepishly at each other not sure whether to say anything or not. Then someone asks when standing at the urinal and causes some poor randomer to flee the vicinity barely zipping up............

this is what im thinking... I'm sure there have been boards beers before maybe one of the more experienced could drop a line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

How to spot people at a boards beer? Its easy someone is bound to have a internet/gaming related t-shirt on, most will have glasses and the conversation will be about the benefits of a open source operating system vs windows.

Failing that just listen for the words "yore ma"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

We'll arrange to have a distinctive hat or cocktail or decapitated head or something on the table so people can identify us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Hairy - anoracks -star-trek t- shirts (possibly suits) thick glasses oh and did I say hairy!!??

Alternitively perhaps a few folk pm numbers and send text messages!
    Or go in early and grab d smokers corner out d back!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Hairy - anoracks -star-trek t- shirts (possibly suits) thick glasses oh and did I say hairy!!??

jesus ur so negative there prob great people..... any how public apoligy for being a prick the last day ..sorry... im going to the rugby if it aint pissin down but ill get ya a perscesco or what ever that fizzy ****e is u drink in the local bf blue note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Maybe we should go for somewhere less crowded - Blue Note may be near impossible to find people on a Friday night.

How about the Salt House - the little BierHaus-lite place where the Weigh Inn use to be? Ie empty enough to find people, near enough to Dominick St to wander else where once we have critical mass/they stop serving.

gpo thats for leger
    better not start changing places now cos it will end in tears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Mcalindens?

McAlindens aint a bad idea. As tristan said we just need someplace we can all get together and then go from there. Who's coming along anyhoo?

well not being over forty or fat i might head into meet a certain person..lol:rolleyes:

McAlindens works for me - we had it there last go around if memory recalls, and it was exceptionally easy to find people. Plus they have one of the best pints of Guiness in the city IMHO. And yes I know that doesn't count for much coming from a yank.

I'll def be there at the beginning, but will likely feck off to a birthday/goodbye about the time everyone has the Roisin or Massimos debate.

axiom32 wrote: »
    well not being over forty or fat i might head into meet a certain person..lol:rolleyes:

G U ought to post a pic! but how right you r - am negitive and besides only talk to great beautiful people :D

Mac Aliddans - actually dont think I ve ever been there - my - a pub back d west never visited - well it has my vote so
    Has a specific time and place been arranged ?
    And how many girls will be there?

G U ought to post a pic! but how right you r - am negitive and besides only talk to great beautiful people :D

Mac Aliddans - actually dont think I ve ever been there - my - a pub back d west never visited - well it has my vote so

It'll be a 50/50 mix of internet blokes and internet girls. (Translated to real-life, that means it'll be 95% guys).

i'd say ul find that there will be four max and as seen above the time has not being arranged and the place seems to be changing....
    so i will be at the bar of McAllindens at 9pm....then the Salthouse by 9:30.....beirhaus 4 10.....blue note 10:30....
    if no contact ill p**s off home for 11.....or maybe not seeing if i drink to make those times ill be nicely merry

those on the thread "...dating in Galway...." take note i'm male and single

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

right... am working again tonight :(
    so ...... wheres it on????

cornbb wrote: »
    It'll be a 50/50 mix of internet blokes and internet girls. (Translated to real-life, that means it'll be 95% guys).

Thought as much - have a wedding to go to anyway- have a blast guys and drink loads! :)

does boards beers turn into boards shorts -> boards dancing -> boards find the sluttiest chick in the nightclub -> boards hungover, trying to get rid of the ugly chick from the night before.... or is it like 4 pints and everyone leaves by 11??

• Advertisement

chrussell wrote: »
    does boards beers turn into boards shorts -> boards dancing -> boards find the sluttiest chick in the nightclub -> boards hungover, trying to get rid of the ugly chick from the night before.... or is it like 4 pints and everyone leaves by 11??

No one is generally that nightclubby, but people tend to come to drink. The last ones I can recall - one closed out the Roisin and involved stalking by the notorious 'crazy French chick', one ended at a beach bonfire, and one was a quiter one that just went from Bierhaus to Massimos..

It tends on the participants, of course. I've got a competing commitment, so I'll probably duck out to it and not stay the long haul myself this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thought as much - have a wedding to go to anyway- have a blast guys and drink loads! :)

Does not compute, unless you factor in that there won't be many girls there, hmm.
    I have people visiting from the big smoke so won't be attending.

biko wrote: »
    Does not compute, unless you factor in that there won't be many girls there, hmm.
    I have people visiting from the big smoke so won't be attending.

Was somewhat undecided -was between that and wedding afters- family thing prob should - But sounds like will be a pub crawl now and fun - if its a rwgular excursion maybe next time .

PS looking for a PA help with hectic social appiontments! Interested?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Y'know there's a free pint (possibly two) for the first 100 into the Roisin tonight... Might be something to consider. I'm hitting the town myself tonight so I may randomly walk up to people and say "Are ye the boards beers crew? No... Nevermind".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Sebastian leger beckons though I may come down for one

So is this happening or not? :confused:

Gotta go for dinner at 9 but might try to find ye later. Anyone?

I'm going to pop down to McAlindens now and see who (if anyone) shows that I'm not personally dragging there ;)

Advertisement