Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a fecking disgrace

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

CianRyan wrote: »
    EDITED

I got in trouble for asking a question like this on the 'Legal Discussion' forum. Apparantly, if someone answers that quesion, and you act on their advice, and get in alot of trouble, Boards.ie and/or the poster may be liable.

I was very shocked too, but got a 7 day ban for it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I TAKE BACK THAT QUESTION! >.<

I TAKE BACK THAT QUESTION! >.<

Maybe its a bit much, I don't know. Better to be safe than sorry though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

lets leave legal issues out of this... think i might close this just to be on the side of caution

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't think this needs to be closed, but I'd suggest dropping all and any ideas of assessing or rating studios.

If the site were kept informational and advisory, with discussion articles/podcasts, and maybe interviews with tattoo artists and piercers it'd probably be best.

• Advertisement

I don't think this needs to be closed, but I'd suggest dropping all and any ideas of assessing or rating studios.

If the site were kept informational and advisory, with discussion articles/podcasts, and maybe interviews with tattoo artists and piercers it'd probably be best.

+1, Didn't mean for that to get a bit out of hand earlier :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Shush you, i'll wear a mask! :D

EDIT:
    That and i dont think any of you actually know what i look like.
    HAA

hehe, you know you posted your bebo up here in your earlier days posting, so we could gauge how you'd look with a certain piercing?

but wow, interesting discussion while i'z away. i think it's a fantastic idea, and anything i could do to help, ill give a go of.

i think the important thing with the website, if it's going ahead, is to just not name individual shops at all, but more guidelines for what to look for in a shop, what should be present, and warning signs that just scream 'run'.

and tbh, i think as large a scale information campaign - into local papers, college papers, just printing off flyers and putting them up around town are the best things to do. get it so people will notice, even just for 10mins after reading it, and get it into the forefront of peoples' minds as much as possible.

but, tbh, the thing that is really the most important thing, is legislation. no, there is actually absolutely nothing anyone could have done about the woman offering piercings in the middle of the street. but if there was legislation regarding safe and hygienic piercing then she could have been.

am i right when i say that a lot of the more reputable studios will tend to have ministry of health certificates to say they've been ranked as clean/hygienic/passable?

i think one thing i could do is dig up the legislation and laws in different countries that do have piercing laws (eg, australia), and show them as an example, as well as highlighting all the risks, and send them into my local TD.

i think this is a really excellent idea, and fair play oeb for actually being motivated enough to take it this far in teh first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Ok, so as it stands the general idea is as follows.

We will exist to inform only. How a person should look after a tattoo or piercing, what practices a person should look for in a good studio. Descriptions on the various piercings etc you can get, interviews with Irish tattooists and piercers. Why a person should not get a piercing done with a gun, how to strech a lobe etc.

We will not list information from specific studios (I assume we will list a name and address after an interview, but that's different). We are not there to judge, and we are not there to tell studios how to do their business, we are only there to keep a person who is interested in body modification informed.

Everyone OK with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yep, though i would like to add putting pressure on TDs to at least acknowledge teh problem, and press for some legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

All sounds great to me.
    Quite excited about it, actually.
    haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Fantastic idea.

Advertisement