Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein - do i need to be eating more?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

am trying to lose weight.

i weigh 14stone, bmi is 33 and body fat is 45.5%, am medically obese, heart attack waiting to happen. am 34 yrs of age and female.

so anyway, food is pretty good but I have been on and off lipotrim over the last two years and have now completely come away from it as beginning to think this is causing the complete stall in weight loss.

Exercise - (have pretty important medical coming up hopefully not till oct so exercising a lot more than what i would see as a normal (and sensible amount)

Mon - 50mins cardio - 20 on treadmill and 30 on crosstrainer, then some ab work and then into pool managed 8 lengths

Tues - 25min treadmill ( 6 x 1min jog, with 90secs walk) than weights - bicep, tricep, chest press, squats, lat raises, abs and 10 lengths in 20metre pool.

plan to get a 30min walk in this evening.

last week - a good bit of exercise also.

food - today - 2 weetabix and a banana, milk, and a herbal tea. 2 small apples, lunch no point veg soup (homemade) peppers, carrots, mangetout, courgette, chilli, tinned tomatoes, ww choc bar.

am drinking 3 litres of water today.

this evening will have salmon, carrots and sweet potatoe for dinner, with sugar free jelly after, plan to also make a juice with wheatgrass after my walk.

breakfast and lunch - similar most days - would have slice of mccambridge brown bread and odd morning, make enough soup for lunches at work. dinner wise have made up some frozen dinners, and out of 6 evenings would have chicken, fish once a week.

have been working out every day since end of july with a couple of days skipped and have lost 2lbs at the most, now okay have had the odd treat and couple glasses of wine but nothing major that should affect my weightloss so where am i going wrong.

i do think the lipo has frigged my system but am i missing something else. the medical is going to be one of the most important things i have to do in my life and at this stage i do not want to or intend to fail it, as my heart, hearing and sight are perfect.

any advice???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

should also add if i have a smoothie i put flaxseed or wheatgerm into it, and same with porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You should make out a list of exactly what you eat and drink, including every little snack. Portion sizes are important. What are your evening meals usually like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

portion sizes are okay

2 weetabix with milk and banana this morning,

bowl of soup - homemade, tomato based.

sm piece of salmon, 1 sweet potato and prob about 4 carrots for tea.

if i have a stir fry - i normally cook 2 chicken breasts, loads of veg and 1 portion of sharwood noodles and 1 pouch of sweet & sour sauce - i get 3 meals out of this.

i usually fill up on the veg or salad, if porridge i use half a mug.

maybe i should start weighing my food

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

I wouldnt be too worried at the moment, your diet is pretty good - give it time, it look you a long time to put the weight on, dont expect it to come off overnight (or even in a few weeks). In addition to that the lipo and yoyo dieting has probably confused your metabolism, so let it get used to the current eating habits and over time you will see changes.

Advertisement