Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Liverpool vs Liege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Queresma = whiney complainer who won't change his game style, so refused to come to Liverpool.

Your point being? I'd still prefer to have him on the wing than Dirk Kuyt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Why? If he won't play the way we need him to play what's the point inn getting him? Have him run down the wing swining crosses in while everybody else is cutting inside. Then upsetting the team morale as he disrespects the manager. Not a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

slingerz wrote: »
    Your point being? I'd still prefer to have him on the wing than Dirk Kuyt

He wouldn't come here.
    So end of discussion.
    I'd prefer to have Maradona in his prime there, but it's not gonna happen.

If Queresma was willing to come here, he'd have been here for a year now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Reina

Arbeloa
    Carragher
    Skrtel
    Aurelio

Alonso
    Gerrard

Kuyt
    Keane
    Benayoun

Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Confirmed Team:

Reina
    Arbeloa
    Carra
    Skrtel
    Aurelio
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Alonso
    Benayoun
    Torres
    Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any word whose on the bench? Agger? Finnan?

Edit:
    Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Plessis, Spearing, El Zhar, Babel.

Serious lack of attacking quality on the bench. The only person I would have any faith in changing the game is Babel. Hopefully it wont come to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

When are we going to get back to the formation that was so succesful last season? Im getting tired of this 442

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Looks like rafa might have lost faith in dossena??? anyone else bricking it about this match?

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    Looks like rafa might have lost faith in dossena??? anyone else bricking it about this match?

Lost faith in him after a handful of games ? Dont think so. Hes started every game so far, played on Saturday and I bet he'll start on Sunday against Villa.

Melion wrote: »
    When are we going to get back to the formation that was so succesful last season? Im getting tired of this 442

I agree. Once Mascherano is back in the team I'd say it will be 4-2-3-1 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

evil_seed wrote: »

I would say it maybe the knock in the head he took on Saturday that has dossena on the bench...

Its so painstakingly obvious where Liverpools weak links are. Look at the lineup.

Arbeloa, Aurelio, Kuyt & Benayoun are the worst players in it and they are all wide players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Anyone else want to see Babel starting more games this season?

I thought the reason he didnt start that many games last season was because of his physicality and adjusting to the PL. I rmember an interview with Babel end of April/start of May when he said it was only around then that he felt up to playing ninety minutes in the PL.

Don't agree with the idea of Rafa losing faith in Dossena either - see his interview in the supertread today.

Watching the analysis on RTE - anyone else think they are being a bit harsh on the Torres & Keane partnership given how few games they have played and what some of the service to them has been like in those games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats its Tusky have us beat before a ball is kicked! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement

Anyone else want to see Babel starting more games this season?

I thought the reason he didnt start that many games last season was because of his physicality and adjusting to the PL. I rmember an interview with Babel end of April/start of May when he said it was only around then that he felt up to playing ninety minutes in the PL.

Don't agree with the idea of Rafa losing faith in Dossena either - see his interview in the supertread today.

Watching the analysis on RTE - anyone else think they are being a bit harsh on the Torres & Keane partnership given how few games they have played and what some of the service to them has been like in those games?

I dont watch RTE anymore. All doom & gloom. So negative. Sure it was only recently that they started to admit Ronaldo was a good player.

In regards to Babel. He will start lots of games I'm sure. Hes only back from China and played lots of games in a short space of time so thats probably on Rafas mind.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Thats its Tusky have us beat before a ball is kicked! :p

Mike.

I think we'll win comfortably. Its not as Arbeloa, Aurelio, Kuyt or Benayoun are bad players - they just arent a patch on what we have down the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I predict 3-0 to Pool, Torres to grab 2 and Keane to score first for Pool, Alonso to dictate and generally be MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ronnie Whelan is some tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Bah!!! Ronnie Whelan is a tool!!!

Edit: Hah!! zAbbo ya just beat me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

zAbbo wrote: »
    Ronnie Whelan is some tool

He's talking through his swiss as usual.

• Advertisement

Ronnie Whelan is completely clueless.

Tusky wrote: »
    I dont watch RTE anymore. All doom & gloom. So negative.

In regards to Babel. He will start lots of games I'm sure. Hes only back from China and played lots of games in a short space of time so thats probably on Rafas mind.

I had forgotten about how negative RTE were about Liverpool - Whelan saying the current team isn't any better than the Liverpool team who played TNS in the qualifiers in 2005 - the team had Potter, LeTallec, Warnock and Morientes in it :rolleyes:

Didnt think about the volume of games in China for Babel - that makes sense.
    Should be starting against Villa hopefully.

So Whelen is basically saying that Liverpool are dodgy, not playing well - while Liege are on great form and will defintely cause problems.

Yet Ronnie predicts an easy Liverpool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

FFS Benayoun, I could see that ball was going nowhere before he even got it.

Jaysis, turning the audio off here - this is silly. No commentary is better than Whelen/Giles or the other lads doing it over a mobile phone. ("Mayday Mayday come in Dublin")

I swiched to UTV. I dont know why I had RTE on in the frst place. Thats the 2nd time out of the last 3 times I've watched a match on RTE the audio has gone to crap. (the other time they were just talking crap :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

can someone hook a brother up with a stream? i'm in holland now and all the stations are showing twente or schalke, pain in the A-hole!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm in work and I can't watch or even listen to this I'm bricking it - I don't suppose there's a radio station that is available here with liver commentary

****!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Not enjoying this at all. Reine MOTM.

Not to tempt fate here but IF we were to get knocked out , it would be interesting to see what sort of title challaenge could be mounted with all the distraction and excuse of Europe gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'm in work and I can't watch or even listen to this I'm bricking it - I don't suppose there's a radio station that is available here with liver commentary

****!

rarely works due to it being bbc sport but it works the odd time just try refreshing it if ya cant find it anywhere else BBC Sport Live Radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

Stekelly wrote: »
    Not to tempt fate here but IF we were to get knocked out , it would be interesting to see what sort of title challaenge could be mounted with all the distraction and excuse of Europe gone.

Give over will ya. Save that discussion for IF we get knocked out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Jaysus lads, you really like to make it as hard as possible for yourselves don't ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

eZe^ wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, you really like to make it as hard as possible for yourselves don't ye!

Cheers for that link soby........ working atreat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Regardless of the outcome, Liverpool have been shown up yet again. There is nobody who can cross a ball with any regularity. They should get Riera and Downing to be sure to be sure.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Regardless of the outcome, Liverpool have been shown up yet again. There is nobody who can cross a ball with any regularity. They should get Riera and Downing to be sure to be sure.

I dunno, there was some lovely link up play between Torres and the midfield at times, lacking the cutting edge tonight though.

I hope we loose.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I hope we win.

Denis.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I hope we loose.

Mike.

I hope we tight

• Advertisement

Defence looking better - Aurelio doing decent (apart from that horror effort of a cross) Arbeloa doing well as well. Skrtl having a right battle, Carra doing decent. Reina showing his class.Alonso not really imposing himself. Gerrard still doesnt look fully fit. A bit of a worry how deep Keane and Torres are having to come to get the ball. Kuyt and Benayoun the poorest performers - how long before Babel appears?

Liege look very decent in defence - no-one panicking getting men back - really look like a very solid unit. Fingers crossed for a one nil win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

I hope we loose.

Mike.

Why?

Reverse psychology. That said if the worst did happen (throw the UEFA Cup game) then the Prem league would be the only game in town.

Leige are playing this game as thier pace Liverpool can't play it at thiers. Too many slow passes whihc are snapped up by the opposition or they jump on the recieving player. Babel would be a good sub.

Mike.

Does anyone know the deal with away goals and extra time? Do they still count then?

Does anyone know the deal with away goals and extra time? Do they still count then?

Unfortunately yes. If their was something I could change about football it is that. Away goals should be abolished in extra time imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Not got a good feeling about this game.
    Babel to come on soon? Wish masch was playing tonight. :(

...coming back on the pitch now hope rafa had some talk with them in there.

• Advertisement

I don't think any Liverpool supporter wants to see their team going out, but its easy to be annoyed with all the money the club have and not one right or left sided midfielder of note(I know Gerard can play on the right) at the club.

They have looked nothing like a top four Premiership side so far tonight, or indeed against this side last time out either.

I think Liverpools best team right now is this, and there is nobody for one position.

Reina
    Arbeloa---Carragher---Skrtel---Aurelio
    Mascherano
    Gerard
    Alonso
    ????????
    Torres--Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

some very worryingly toothless play from pool so far. Really quite shocking. So far, we genuinely don't deserve to progress. One team has shown much more threat then the other over the 2 legs. And it isn't liverpool. Hopefully something can change in the last 30mins.

Alonsos confidence is shot.

Mike.

WTF??? Babel was free outside him

Torres really should have laid that off to Babel.

Wonder why Keane isnt playing ............

• Advertisement
Advertisement