Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Speed increases from sept 8th?????

Options
  • 26-08-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Iam on Magnets 4mb ADSL2(eircoms line) package fro approx a year, 6 months ago i contacted Magnet about Speed increases, they informed that there was NO speed increases for ADSL2 on the standard eircom line, only on the fibre to home, and that they were no longer selling Magnet on eircoms lines.....(which i have read here)..

Anyways now that nearly everyone is offering faster speeds and NTL are offering 10/20mb lines i decided to try Magnet again with the threat to Move from Magnet........ this time i got a different story..

Basically the guy said from the 8Th Sept (yes this year) they will have new packages in place that will very competitive, i reminded him that i was NOT on their Fibre To Home... and he said that new speeds would be available to me as well,
    No prices or speeds were available to him at that time...... and he would contact me when he had info...

I don't expect that call as magnets customer care/tech support and Bills for that matter can be non existent at the best of times!!!!!

cramp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fintan.moloney

I'm very interested in this, I'm on the Magnet 8Mb ADSL2+ for around two years now and I've found the service to be excellent, but with all the other providers now moving to 12Mb, 15Mb, 24Mb etc I had been considering moving. I also contacted them about upgrades a month ago and they mentioned the 50Mb FTTH, I explained I don't have fibre and the guy said "To be honest, I'm not sure, probably they will upgrade people but I have no idea at the moment" - so this is promising. Magnet are not particularly cheap but I think the quality makes it worthwhile, zero contention, no download limits and as many fixed static IPs as you need. I know some people say you cant open ports etc on the router as its locked off but the point is its all open already as far as I can tell. I only ever have to open a port on my firewall for whatever I need and I'm good to go. I'd be reluctant to leave them so hopefully a speed increase is on the way to bring them into line pricewise with other companies.

Advertisement