Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jagermeister

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well Jagermeister doesn't form ice so it will not freeze. Most bars keep it refrigerated anyway until the stock levels run low (which happens quite regularly) :) As long as your freezer doesn't go too low into the minus temperture scales you should be fine. However ice will form around the glass and could cause it to shatter if any air gets into the bottle, make sure it is tightly sealed. The Jager itself won't freeze because the alcohol content is so high but it will be unbelievably cold. I had a pal of mine that kept it frozen for 3 years as an experiment when he was in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

Wow, he either really hated jager or has an impressive amount of will power to leave alcohol undrunk in his freezer for three years during college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Diarmey

The Jager itself won't freeze because the alcohol content is so high but it will be unbelievably cold. I had a pal of mine that kept it frozen for 3 years as an experiment when he was in college.
    I guess you learn something new everyday..
    3 years:O he must have incredible willpower

It was strange alright. We nicknamed him "anti-christ". He had his own portable freezer, the ones in your bedroom. "Thou shalt take the Jager...and enjoy" was our motto. He was a more of a beer drinker and as a result held a lot of spirits and digestif's in contempt, much to our annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Thread's almost a year old but this beats makin a new one and bein flamed :P

How much can I expect to pay for a bottle of Jager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Please excuse my ignorance but why do you put Jager in the freezer??

Is it to be stored colder than your standard spirit??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Thread's almost a year old but this beats makin a new one and bein flamed :P

How much can I expect to pay for a bottle of Jager?

It depends. i think its around 22 to 25 quid in town. if you happen to know anyone up the north though you can get it for about 10 pounds up there

Wow, why is it so pricey? Am I right in saying its not even a liter bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

techguy wrote: »

Best served chilled. Even better ice cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

NEVER drink Jager which hasn't been chilled! You will definitely get and have a terrible hangover. and yeah its around 23-25€ for a 700ml bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

yupyup7up wrote: »
    NEVER drink Jager which hasn't been chilled! You will definitely get and have a terrible hangover.
    Oh, the science!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

techguy wrote: »

Same reason you put vodka/rum/gin in the freezer, cos cold drinks are nicer:)

BeerNut wrote: »
    Oh, the science!

yeah i know its a pretty obvious thing to say but holy F*ck the first time a drank it, it was warm and i felt like a have drank sewage

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

yupyup7up, sort out that sig please, it's way over-sized. Sig rules.

apologies. fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NEVER drink Jager which hasn't been chilled! You will definitely get and have a terrible hangover.
    BeerNut wrote: »
    Oh, the science!
    Indeed :)
    yeah i know its a pretty obvious thing to say but holy F*ck the first time a drank it, it was warm and i felt like a have drank sewage
    If drank luke warm or freezing, within seconds it will be the same temp in your stomach. This sounds like the "bad burger" theory I mentioned in another thread. "I drank 12 pints and ate a burger and woke up in tatters, must've been the burger".

The warm/cold theory is a new one for my list. They mythology surrounding alcohol is utterly amazing, I looked up jager on wikipedia.
    Contrary to an urban legend, it does not contain any deer or elk blood.
    :eek:

Also
    On its website, the producer recommends that Jägermeister be consumed cold and suggests that it be kept in a freezer at –18°C (0°F) or on tap between –15° and –11°C (5° to 12°F)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4germeister

On tap :eek: WTF?

A pint of Jager. I'd do that. :D

Maybe in Germany they have it on tap for shots, jager bombs etc. Be awesome tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

On tap :eek: WTF?

Its possible to get Jager machines. Each one holds about a bottle internally and another 3 (700ml) bottles on the top draining down.
    I've had one but got rid of it, slows down service and is a bit of an eye sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

DenMan wrote: »
    A pint of Jager. I'd do that. :D

Maybe in Germany they have it on tap for shots, jager bombs etc. Be awesome tho!!!

i cant remember if it was on tap but i asked for a jagerbomb in a club in berlin last year and got a pint glass with 3/4 full of jager and 1/4 full red bull.....no wonder i cant remember:P

and it was only €3!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Does the stuff from the tap reach the glass ice cold? The whole tap thing is obviously a marketing gimick. It's not that hard to keep a few bottles in a freezer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Quint wrote: »
    Does the stuff from the tap reach the glass ice cold?
    Nope: "colder than ice" is the slogan. They come out at -18°C.
    Quint wrote: »
    The whole tap thing is obviously a marketing gimick.
    Y'think?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

In Austria it all seems to be sold in the miniature bottles.
    That's one hellofa lot of packaging compared to a 70cl bottle.

People love to line up the empty bottles on the tables for effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

In Austria it all seems to be sold in the miniature bottles.
    That's one hellofa lot of packaging compared to a 70cl bottle.

Yep..sure do. Meant a guy there a couple of years ago that used to line them on the glass and knock the all in like dominoes..was pretty cool!!

Sorry about the bad lighting..was a lot more visible on the cameras screen..

i cant remember if it was on tap but i asked for a jagerbomb in a club in berlin last year and got a pint glass with 3/4 full of jager and 1/4 full red bull.....no wonder i cant remember:P

and it was only €3!

:eek:

Did that with beer bottle on a ski trip once. Bout 10-12 of us drinking 500ml bottle and got two rows up centre and around and half way back down side by end of the night (2m table). The owner of the bar went to bed and told us to just tidy up and put key back in through the letter box.

Prob about 130-150 bottles but i suppose thats what happens when you start drinking at lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Does anyone else find jager incredibly easy to drink? I'd be over an hour sipping at a whisky or vodka on ice yet i can fill, yes fill, a glass with jager and know it back like an alcopop

Does anyone else find jager incredibly easy to drink?

+1 defo, I wouldnt throw it back like an alco-pop though, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Bombs away at 2 mins 23 seconds

I wonder how many of the barmen/customers ended up in A&E that night. God wish i was there.

EDIT: Just got the answer to that one check out my post count. . . 666 !

Linky: Jager Bomb Train 672 Jager Bombs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Was just wondering, how long will a half empty bottle of jager last in a freezer and be ok to drink? not much of a drinker myself :P

Advertisement