Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jagermeister

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Was just wondering, how long will a half empty bottle of jager last in a freezer and be ok to drink? not much of a drinker myself :P
    Forever. Spirits don't go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Jagermeister, without a doubt is beautiful straight from the freezer, I have no idea why people would drink it warm! Let alone with Redbull (JagerBob) - its so pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

BeerNut wrote: »
    Forever. Spirits don't go off.

But if the seal has been broken, would the air inside not expand? and the bottle crack or break?

edit: HAIL JAGER!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    But if the seal has been broken, would the air inside not expand? and the bottle crack or break?
    No. Air expands and contracts quite easily. The air in the bottle will absorb any expansion and contraction in the liquid. It'll do it with a full bottle, so it'll definitely do it with a half bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was just wondering, how long will a half empty bottle of jager last in a freezer and be ok to drink?
    It won't go off as mentioned, i.e. it will never become any more toxic than it already is. The alcohol preserves itself. All that happens with liquers is the taste can degrade, but its your own decision whether this tastes bad enough to throw it out. Keeping in the freezer will preserve it longer.

The only ones I would imagine being thrown out are cream based ones or advocaat.

Air expands easily as mentioned, the only risk with spirits would be if you stuck strong vodka in a freezer, and then filled it into a smaller bottle to the brim and capped it. It this is now left at room temp it will expand and could crack, but it is more likely that the cap will tear or deform, unless it is a really strong one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement