Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus

Options
  • 26-08-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Howdy,

My uncle just got a new carand has offered to sell me his Ford Focus.
    Im interested to hear what you think;

First off, its a black(ish) 2000 1.4 Saloon Ghia model with relatively low milage.

There are however a few issues which may be cause for concern. There is a sizable dent on the front bumper and probably a bit more serious is the fact that the chasis had to be welded for it to pass its last NCT (08).

Is it a no go? If not whats the most you would pay for it?

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would like to know more details on why the chassis needed to be welded before I would make a decision on buying that car.

BTW the Focus Ghia saloon was 1.6 back in 2000, not 1.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would like to know more details on why the chassis needed to be welded before I would make a decision on buying that car.

So would I! Is it possible that the chassis welding had anything to do with the sizable dent in the front bumper? Personally I'd want to know who welded it and why, and I would want to see a very significant discount on the list price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

do you know what part of the chassis was welded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

I wouldn't buy any car off a relative at any price. Too much scope for grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

ART6 wrote: »
    So would I! Is it possible that the chassis welding had anything to do with the sizable dent in the front bumper? Personally I'd want to know who welded it and why, and I would want to see a very significant discount on the list price.

Na the Aunt crashed into a trolley bay...it wasn't her fault of course.

Would 2200 be to little?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There was never a 1.4 Ghia afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I didn't think the 1.4 was available in the saloon till later in its life. 00 Ghias were 1.6 weren't they?

also, saloon Focus's are pig ugly and hard to sell, even the Ghia trim isn't generous. I'd be offering around €1,000 considering the dent and the fact that he's supposed to be doing you a favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If some guy in the pub offered you this car what would you think >>>
    Surely this car has been abused at some stage if the chassis was welded and an abused car is never a bargain...

Move on... you should always try to buy the best condition/minded car possible within your budget.

cheers
    bam

Advertisement