Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If only the wife knew...

Options
  • 26-08-2008 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Ok so ladies, we all come up against those sleazy, over the hill but don't know it yet, men in nightclubs at the weekend. You know the type, try to grab your ass and think it's ok to come up to a group of girls half their age and try it on.
    So 2 weeks ago I was out in Dicey Rileys on a Saturday night when I feel somebody grap my ass. I turned around and there was some 40 something year old man grinning at me. I have absolutely no tolerance for people who try to grope me in a nightclub situation so I shot him a filthy look, shoved his hand away, told him to get away from me, and walked over to my friends. He then started dancing around my friends on his own and basically wouldn't leave us alone so one of my friends went up to the bouncer and he disappeared off for a while. Later on I saw him doing the same thing to a different group of girls.

Usually I wouldn't even remember what these sleazball men look like a few days later but this guy stood out in my head because he was slender but had a huge beerbelly. So anyhoo, was out at the Dun Laoghaire festival on Sunday with my friends enjoying the music, when I turn, and there beside me stands the absolute sleezeball himself...with his wife! I made eye-contact with him but there was no recognition in his eyes, this is obviously regular weekend behaviour for him. For a fleeting moment I considered telling his wife what a slimeball her husband was but then thought better of it.

It's disturbing though, I like to think that men like that live under rocks and only come out at night, but the reality is that he's probably someone's dad and I just think it's really sad and pathetic.

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you ladies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Yes! All the time. Some guys are just sleaze, some probably get somewhere with younger women and the attraction to money with nice restaurants etc. Places like diceys are magnets for them. Anywhere thats 'fashionable' and draws in a scantily clothed young thin girly crowd brings these fools with them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, to be fair, I know plenty of younger lads who are exactly like this, and its just as offensive.

The only thing is, they'll still be at it in their 40's and 50's, they're just that type of people. Those guys were probably like that all their lives, and it never ocurred to them it might be wrong, cos its 'just what lads do' in their opinion.

Sucks.

Next time, 'spill' a drink on him. Not yours, mind, but his.

Men are scared of me.....I never have to put up with that stuff.
    Literally never.

I delight in dispensing slaps for my friends though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Once when I worked in a bar, a middle-aged guy was doing some serious flirting. He handed me his business card...with the wedding ring on his finger! Totally shameless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would have been tempted to scold him in front of his wife or offer her my commiserations for being married to a man who plays grab ass and delights in sexually assulating young women on a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

JustCoz wrote: »
    Ok so ladies, we all come up against those sleazy, over the hill but don't know it yet, men in nightclubs at the weekend. You know the type, try to grab your ass and think it's ok to come up to a group of girls half their age and try it on.
    So 2 weeks ago I was out in Dicey Rileys on a Saturday night when I feel somebody grap my ass. I turned around and there was some 40 something year old man grinning at me. I have absolutely no tolerance for people who try to grope me in a nightclub situation so I shot him a filthy look, shoved his hand away, told him to get away from me, and walked over to my friends. He then started dancing around my friends on his own and basically wouldn't leave us alone so one of my friends went up to the bouncer and he disappeared off for a while. Later on I saw him doing the same thing to a different group of girls.

Usually I wouldn't even remember what these sleazball men look like a few days later but this guy stood out in my head because he was slender but had a huge beerbelly. So anyhoo, was out at the Dun Laoghaire festival on Sunday with my friends enjoying the music, when I turn, and there beside me stands the absolute sleezeball himself...with his wife! I made eye-contact with him but there was no recognition in his eyes, this is obviously regular weekend behaviour for him. For a fleeting moment I considered telling his wife what a slimeball her husband was but then thought better of it.

It's disturbing though, I like to think that men like that live under rocks and only come out at night, but the reality is that he's probably someone's dad and I just think it's really sad and pathetic.

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you ladies?
    Oh yes one time stands out .We were in a disco in town and there was a disgusting man trying to feel my cousins arse.We told him to feck off.A couple of days later we were doing shopping in Tesco and who did we see only yer man with his missus.Well he copped us and he couldnt get away quick enough so we followed him all over Tesco you should have seen his face he couldnt get out of there quick enough.We had a good laugh and we pited the wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Thaedydal wrote:
    I would have been tempted to scold him in front of his wife or offer her my commiserations for being married to a man who plays grab ass and delights in sexually assulating young women on a night out.

I know, it did cross my mind. It's horrible though coz he's not in the least bit attractive and his wife looked lovely. I know younger lads do this too but I suppose you kind of hope they'll grow out of it and most of them do, but old men :rolleyes:

marti101 wrote:
    Oh yes one time stands out .We were in a disco in town and there was a disgusting man trying to feel my cousins arse.We told him to feck off.A couple of days later we were doing shopping in Tesco and who did we see only yer man with his missus.Well he copped us and he couldnt get away quick enough so we followed him all over Tesco you should have seen his face he couldnt get out of there quick enough.We had a good laugh and we pited the wife.

Ha ha! Good one! I'd say that got him slightly hot under the collar!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Literally never.

Be careful with this, i was working in a club once and a guy walked past a girl and pinched her ass, the girl turned around, saw another guy looking at her and went straight up and slapped him. turned out to be a bouncer who promptly carried her to the door and flung her out bodily. A word of warning is all to those who are free with their slaps....

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

At least with these types of yokes you can tell they are complete morons that are married. I can't believe the amount of men who are out there, quite respectable good looking stable kind of chaps that spend the night chatting you up then you cop on they're married!

Was out with a friend of mine Friday and we were talking to these lads and they asked us back to have a few drinks when I told them no, one of them told me it was probably just as well as his mate was married and his wife was away for the weekend!

Such Spanners and I'm sure their wives haven't a clue!

• Advertisement

Literally never.

Would you not be worried that youd slap the wrong person and get an ulmighty slap back.And yes it was good fun watching him squirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've seen this happen a few times. One time, it was a client of ours and he was doing it in the view of a group if us. The girl in question had to stand in between myself and another bloke so it wouldn't happen again. What made it worse was that our boss was in the group and seen it happen but refused to say anything. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I remember one night a few years ago, must have been before the smoking ban anyway.. I was at the bar and some dirty oul lad comes up behind me and blew smoke on my neck, at point blank range.. I turned around hoping it was by mistake and there he was staring me square in the eye with this disgusting sleazy look on his face, must have thought it was sexy or something.. I felt like throwing my drink over him, I refrained though, didn't fancy getting chucked out over this piece of slime..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thaedydal wrote: »

On a similar note to Red XIV, I was in the Powerscourt centre one Saturday a few years ago having a coffee and I saw the following being played out:

Two girls walking past pointed at a man and his wife at the table next to me. The man clearly recognised them and grinned. The girls walked over and one of them said to the mans wife. "Your husband is a sleazy pr**k, he pinched my friends arse in Q-bar the other night." The wife just looked at them and said, "Well, in fairness, you both look like common little tramps, can't blame him really!".

So the first girl slaps the wife in the face, the second starts roaring abuse. It turned out the wife was a garda and she arrested the girl who assaulted her. Within minutes other gardaí arrived and the girl is bundled away. Both the man and his wife then continued their lunch and laughed and joked about the whole thing, including his activities in the Q-bar...

The moral appears to be, don't get involved any more than you have to. It also reminds me of a friend who intervened to stop a man beating up a woman in Amiens street in Dublin. Both the man and the woman he was attacking turned around and beat the crap out of my friend, the woman screaming "Mind your own fcukin' business" as she laid into him. :rolleyes: Classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

RedXIV wrote: »
    Be careful with this, i was working in a club once and a guy walked past a girl and pinched her ass, the girl turned around, saw another guy looking at her and went straight up and slapped him. turned out to be a bouncer who promptly carried her to the door and flung her out bodily. A word of warning is all to those who are free with their slaps....

if its a bouncer all the more reason to slap him or tell whoevers in charge. he's meant to be working.
    i can't stand men touching me when i'm out. i take their hand off my body, twist it, stick the nails in and walk away. its served me well through the years.:mad:

if its a bouncer all the more reason to slap him or tell whoevers in charge. he's meant to be working.
    i can't stand men touching me when i'm out. i take their hand off my body, twist it, stick the nails in and walk away. its served me well through the years.:mad:

bet you didn't read my story properly did you :)

r3nu4l wrote:
    Two girls walking past pointed at a man and his wife at the table next to me. The man clearly recognised them and grinned. The girls walked over and one of them said to the mans wife. "Your husband is a sleazy pr**k, he pinched my friends arse in Q-bar the other night." The wife just looked at them and said, "Well, in fairness, you both look like common little tramps, can't blame him really!".

So the first girl slaps the wife in the face, the second starts roaring abuse. It turned out the wife was a garda and she arrested the girl who assaulted her. Within minutes other gardaí arrived and the girl is bundled away. Both the man and his wife then continued their lunch and laughed and joked about the whole thing, including his activities in the Q-bar...

No way! Are you serious, did that actually happen? God the wife sounds just as bad as the husband. Bad luck for the two girls anyway! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

r3nu4l wrote: »
    The moral appears to be, don't get involved any more than you have to. It also reminds me of a friend who intervened to stop a man beating up a woman in Amiens street in Dublin. Both the man and the woman he was attacking turned around and beat the crap out of my friend, the woman screaming "Mind your own fcukin' business" as she laid into him. :rolleyes: Classy!
    Very common one. I have a rule never to get involved in stuff like that unless I knew them. Even then you have to be damned careful. I have to say too, it's usually the woman who turns on you too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

marti101 wrote: »
    Would you not be worried that youd slap the wrong person and get an ulmighty slap back.And yes it was good fun watching him squirm

I wouldn't slap an innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You are still taking the law into your own hand and you can be done for assault.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No way! Are you serious, did that actually happen? God the wife sounds just as bad as the husband.
    True.
    Bad luck for the two girls anyway! :eek:
    IMHO they were silly for acting that way(though they did havve good reason). the best defence against that kind of sleezy guff is to walk away, or if someone is getting too pushy go to security and explain the situation. Any bouncer I know if a woman tells them calmly about crap like this, the guy will be asked to quit it or leave. Usually the latter. Over reactions helps no one and usually makes the one over reacting look bad.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ah but how do you know? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Read the post properly next time !

And aye, r3nu4l's story makes your think twice about helping people in situations like that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

. It's horrible though coz he's not in the least bit attractive and his wife looked lovely.

Would it have been alright if he was attractive?

Thats not what i meant what if you slapped the person who groped your frie nd but he in return punched you.You would be worse off.

marti101 wrote: »
    Thats not what i meant what if you slapped the person who groped your frie nd but he in return punched you.You would be worse off.

This is not very lady like of me.
    But I adore the violence, the opportunity to use my god given crotch stomping talent, for good, would secretly make my day. :o

This is not very lady like of me.
    But I adore the violence, the opportunity to use my god given crotch stomping talent, for good, would secretly make my day. :o

i really hope you grow out of that lass, i've seen waaaaaaay too many girls think that they are untouchable end up in bad shape. be the bigger man (metaphorically) and walk away

Celtic67 wrote:
    Would it have been alright if he was attractive?

Yes it would have been perfectly fine if he was attractive :rolleyes:

I was making the point that he was clearly a bit of a loser with not much going for him by the looks of things, so why would he jeprodise his marriage to a woman who was out of his league by making an ass out of himself in front of people half his age

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I think these are situations where words can hurt more than actions. Once a guy passed a filthy comment while I was in a pub & I just turned on him. He was totally mortified & probably thought twice next time.

Another time a guy completely felt my (drunk) friend up. He was pretty drunk as well but I still managed to get it into his thick head that if he touched her again he would be out on his arse (with the help of the bouncer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

RedXIV wrote: »
    bet you didn't read my story properly did you :)

oops:D pyro really you should read posts again too, red already pointed that out lol :rolleyes:

see thats why i don't slap. unless i've seen the owner of the wandering hand i just leave it. wouldn't wanna punish the wrong person :pac:

Advertisement