Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Comic Out Soon!

Options
  • 26-08-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I`ve just finished printing my new comic,Luke F comics #1,and I`m planning to have it in the comic shops around Dublin(no real plans for outside of Dublin,sorry.)by the weekend.
    It`s a slice of life/homour comic with the itty bitty pricetag of 2.50.
    And I`m only 14 but I like to think a lot of the art is up to snuff.If I didn`t,believe me,I`d have scrapped it long before the stage of reproducing it(it`s actually about my seventh attempt at a printed comic,but I scrapped the others because I really wasn`t happy with the artwork)so I`m not trying to(knowingly)push a crap comic onto the buying public or anything.
    Obviously there won`t be a launch party because I`m just a teenager and there won`t be a way to order it online either.I`m sorry if this is inconvienient for a lot of people,but I`m just a young lad trying to keep it as simple as I can for the time being.
    Cheers
    Luke F (http://lukefcomics.blogspot.com/)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dmcloughney

Fair play Luke, was checking out your blog there..... will the art be similar to the pin-ups you have?? It's an interesting style. Do you mind my asking what kinda deal you struck with the comic retailers?? Are they gonna buy a few off ya or are they gonna give you shelf space and take a % of the profits??
    Anyway I'll pick up your comic when I'm in town this weekend, good work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Oiche_mhaith

good luck with it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Excellent stuff luke, delighted to hear you're taking the plunge into print. Shame about online ordering and all the rest but give it time, no need to try and do everything all at once. Sounds like you've got the important bit covered so hopefully you'll be able to build from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

thanks all,
    yeah the art is very similar to the blog stuff in the second half while the first half has a cleaner cut to the work as I was still trying to find a "style".
    And I`m grand with subcity and the crow street shop but forbidden planet will be a more formal deal percentage wise.
    And you`re right,Kyle,I decided to take it slow with my first one and nail the basics down first.
    again,thanks a million for the support,lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

good on yeah Luke! Will def sort a copy out when I'm next in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement