Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Immersion - Electrician or Plumber?!!

Options
  • 26-08-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice. During the summer I've obviously had the heating off and have used the immersion instead to heat the water for showers. Unfortunately, yesterday when I went to flick both switches nothing happened!! The pipes are cold and it seems to have broken. I was wondering should I be contacting a plumber or electrician to solve the problem?? Also, if it is a plumber I need, I'd appreciate if someone could recommend a good one.

Many thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its probably tripped out - under the cap of the immersion theres a reset button.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fil6162

hi, I had a similar thing live in the grove - ended up with a leak - Aghhhhhhh.. however called DH Installations - Greystones plumber very familiar with Charlesland 086 8235139 - couldn't believe my luck. fixed my leak - reset the hot water - marked the pipes in the hot press and reset my gas boiler so I don't have to use the immersion. A 100% nice guy who is into his job. He could have charges me €400 for a new tank however was able to do the job for under €100..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fil6162

forgot to say he is a dual qualified electrician and plumber - best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

Thanks for your replies! Unfortunately, the switch doesn't seem to have tripped so I think it is a bit more complex. I think I'll give your guy a ring fil6162. I'm just hoping it's not a big job as it seems one thing after another these days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Hi
    Thats great info - electric shower broken and that need both plumber & electrician.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

i doubt that, did you see his papers?
    fil6162 wrote: »
    forgot to say he is a dual qualified electrician and plumber - best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

fil6162 thanks so much for the contact for DH Installations. I can confirm Ray the Plumbers greatness. So professional and very reasonably priced. I would recommend him to anyone.

Advertisement