Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for childcare

Options
  • 26-08-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

The little one is starting school this year. We have found someone to mind her after school (5 days a week, 2-6). What would be the going rate to pay for this? We are in the Kildare area. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

i think they can charge what they like really but average going rate i think .. and dont hold me to it ... is about 4 euros per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

i think they can charge what they like really but average going rate i think .. and dont hold me to it ... is about 4 euros per hour.

Well now don't quote me either but..

4 euro an hour wouldn't get ya a dog to guard your child where I'm from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Peared wrote: »
    Well now don't quote me either but..

4 euro an hour wouldn't get ya a dog to guard your child where I'm from.

lol yes but childminders can have multiple children up to 5 so when you add it up they would earn 20 euros an hour. But again im not too sure thats what i used to charge in UK but i guess its different here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

€5 - €6 per hour in my area (Waterford city)

Rollercoaster has childcare sections and could give a good indication of local fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

At this rate probably about 15 euro an hour...

2702374046_072de2d4cc.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Kildare would be about the same as waterford, so 5-6e an hour.

Advertisement