Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International bank account

Options
  • 26-08-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

My situation is as follows : I'm a professional poker player from Ireland, and I'm moving to Argentina in 2 weeks. At the moment the majority of my bankroll is online with around $50k offline in a non interest bearing $$ account with an Irish bank. This is the only $$ account I could get from any of the Irish banks and its very simple in nature, no online banking and I have to submit bank wires via mail, no interest and no ability to put any of the money into investment funds or anything

I want to keep my whole assets in dollars at the minute so I want to open account a dollar account with a bank where I can do bank wires online, gain interest and put some funds in investment funds and so on. HSBC offshore seemed perfect, as did Citibank offshore but I applied for both and was turned down for both - HSBC said that they were unable to offer me the account due to 'the nature of my income and profession' and Citibank gave me some bs but I think the real reason was the same

Basically what I'm asking is, does anybody have any experience with international banks where I can open such an account where they wont turn down my business due to the nature of the funds? Caribbean banks or Swiss/Luxembourg banks etc are all fine, as long as they are reputable of course

Advertisement