Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC Upgrading Cable - How Long Till I Can Get BB?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

NTL/UPC are upgrading the cable in my streets as i type this, they've gone past my house already.

With the new cable inplace does this mean i could be able to order their BB package next week/month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

jozi wrote: »
    NTL/UPC are upgrading the cable in my streets as i type this, they've gone past my house already.

With the new cable inplace does this mean i could be able to order their BB package next week/month?

Worst case 3 months. What general area do you live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Dublin 9, between Drumcondra and Phibsboro.

I called them earlier and she said it could be on the system in a week, lets hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

was just gonna ask this myself, they just upgraded my house in Athlone 2 days ago so I hope I dont have to wait till whole town is completed before broadband can be ordered.

I called them yesterday and was told cold be 6 months :confused:

The 1st time i called after they replaced the wire i was told it could be a few weeks.

I wish i still had the letter that said they where upgrading the lines within the next 8-10 weeks, this was in feb/march.

I'll know when i can get it once they drop in a card with the post confiriming the upgrade. I shall wait some more.....

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

jozi wrote: »

I wish i still had the letter that said they where upgrading the lines within the next 8-10 weeks, this was in feb/march.

I'll know when i can get it once they drop in a card with the post confiriming the upgrade. I shall wait some more.....

It's taken 6 months for them to replace the cable and you're still not connected. That's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

They replaced BAYSIDE some 4 months back, and it aint availble here!!!!

cramp

Bayside has not been upgraded yet. Some minor work by maintenance may have been done but its no way near a BB enabled network cramp.

Jozi if you live where I think, they have only been working at it about a month so probably about 2 months or less left all going well. It takes time to replace a cable system and fire up a node, then commission a new network. Especially when you have to deal with changing cables on private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

Hey dingdong.
    They installed the new cabling on my street in finglas 2 weeks ago, you don't happen to have a timescale for when they'll be switching over to that by any chance do you?
    Cheers dude.

By the time they get the network here up and running i'll be at the end of our lease for the house :P

I've seen them around the area replacing the wires. I'll drop them a call from time to time

robcon wrote: »
    Hey dingdong.
    They installed the new cabling on my street in finglas 2 weeks ago, you don't happen to have a timescale for when they'll be switching over to that by any chance do you?
    Cheers dude.

There is a couple of area's being rebuilt in Finglas so can't be sure where you are or what stage they are at but you can always go by roughly 2-3 months start to finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

DingDong wrote: »
    There is a couple of area's being rebuilt in Finglas so can't be sure where you are or what stage they are at but you can always go by roughly 2-3 months start to finish

Cheers dindong your a gent.

4 months on and its still not live, not that i know at least :( wish they wold hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

They re-cabled up my area about 6 months ago(bayside) and we still ain't live...
    There was an NTL guy here at the house 4 weeks ago and i asked him about this,
    he informed me that they were having problems with laying cable to some homes ..
    i.e Permission to to enter certain properties to complete the new cabling...

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

cramp wrote: »
    They re-cabled up my area about 6 months ago(bayside) and we still ain't live...

That re-cabling had nothing to do with an upgrade to a new network. It was just maintenance on the standard network still in use around Bayside.
    Those cables will be used by the upgrade though. Taps may/will be changed on houses depending on direction and values in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

I live in Clonsilla and its not available yet (even though website says it is)

Ive been ringing since last summer and was told a couple of times it wouldnt be ready until just before Christmas...

Needless to say I have now been told 'early 2009'

So annoying :/
    I really want their BB and a date when it will be available!

The website says i can get it, cant remember if it was like this the last time i checked. Prob call them in the new year, as they seems to be busy at the min.

Just called NTL, I can get their BB. :D

Only have till mid March before my contract with digiweb runs out.

I'm in the Drumcondra/Phibsboro area incase anyone is wondering.

Advertisement