Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao vacant places

Options
  • 26-08-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

i messed up cao form a bit ill not get into it basically i have accepted a course which i kinda want to do but isnt my 1st personnal preference so i am keeping an eye on the vacant places list, do they change daily or whatever is on it at the moment is that it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

there may be more courses with vacant places next week because the cao won't know fully the number of vacant places until after the closing date for accepting first round offers. of course they will then offer any vacant places first to those who had it as a higher preference on their cao form than that which they were offered in round one regardless of whether or not they accepted a different course in round one.

maybe the cao handbook explains it better :P

so in a nutshell there may still be hope

maybe there is a vacant place there that can lead onto the course you really want rather than taking the one you are not fully keen on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i was told i can prob transfer internally when i get to college the courses i want are both in the same college

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

REgarding the transfer internally in the institute, generally you can only transfer after you ahve completed a semester / year.

The course you are accepting would need to be very close to the course you are transfering to.

It would be advisable to contact the admissions office in the institute concerned to see if the transfer that you want to do is possible.

And the likleyhood of the space been available on the course you want to transfer to.

the courses are practically identical both electronics but one is level 6 and one level 7 both share common 2 years then the level 7 kicks in but i need to be registered on level 7 to avoid paying tution fees whole other story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Sounds OK but still worth checking. You are going to register on the level 7 course but after 2 years you are going to leave (hopefully) with a level 6.

Best of luck with your course. You might change your mind when you complete the first 2 years of the course. :cool:

• Advertisement

well thats the plan who knows might stick it out into 3rd thanks for replies and advice good luck

Advertisement