Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOI start

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Raam wrote: »
    Blorg, what are you smoking in that pic?
    Classic pic. I think it's my camera :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭BaBiT

Was at the start early yesterday so i had a chance to wander around and take a look over the bikes....Anyone else notice that there was a set of CAISSE D'EPARGNE bikes there including Valverde's champ of Spain bike, but they're not in the tour??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

BaBiT wrote: »
    Was at the start early yesterday so i had a chance to wander around and take a look over the bikes....Anyone else notice that there was a set of CAISSE D'EPARGNE bikes there including Valverde's champ of Spain bike, but they're not in the tour??

just noticed this photo that someone posted earlier. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3040/2804858473_8415b6be97_b.jpg

According to the start list 131/132 are Pinarello CandiTV team riders:
    131 Downing,Russell GBR
    132 Elliott,Malcom GBR

Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

blorg wrote: »
    Classic stuff, we were wondering what was keeping them!

Great day cycling to see the end of the race whizz by in 15 seconds! We took a pretty "direct" route down but almost all on back roads and it was more than a bit hilly in places. Quite a good (and completely gratuitous) climb near the start took us up over 325m, in order to avoid the N81.

th_27-08-2008Route.png th_27-08-2008Elevation-Distance.png

We were on the N9 for only around 5km during which Raam was almost killed by a truck, gave him about 4cm at the most passing, absolutely disgraceful driving (we were single file, me behind, and as close to the edge as we could be too.) Wavin were the owners of it if ye happen to be a big consumer of plastic pipes and want to start a boycott.

I must say it was absolutely classic to sprint down the finishing straight in Waterford with all the 500m, 400m, etc to go markers and with spectators cheering us!

David Millar's chain snapped just inches from the finish line :D
    th_david_millar.jpg

Raam has a very good photo of the winner who shall remain nameless for now as I am sure many of ye will be watching the highlights in just a few minutes.

used to work with him(pats son) over in New zealand and met him today at Loughrea!
    sean

Advertisement