Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE6 behaving strangely with generated M3U file

Options
  • 26-08-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I ask more in hope than expectation, but has anyone come across a situation similar to the following, (and more importantly resolved it).

I have a jsp utility that takes a series of urls (selected via Javascript on the page) and generates an M3U file. If I generate this file in Firefox or IE7 all goes well and the tracks are pulled into the user's media player.

However if I generate the file using IE6 and I'm using Windows Media Player I get a generic "Not able to play file" error, if I save this file from IE6 and open it, WMP is fine with it and plays the tracks.

So I fire up a proxy server and track the behaviour, except poximator mustn't be all that transparent a proxy server as now it works:confused:

If I use WinAmp or Media Monkey it also works in IE6, anyone got any kind of clue how I could trace this issue back to source?

Thanks, Skrynesaver

Advertisement