Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Matter

Options
  • 26-08-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    Is there anyone out there that has ever been in this position and if yes, could you give me some advice.
    February 2004 My Father and I decided to go into business. We bought a 35 year lease on a retail unit in town, after about 11 months we decided we had had enough because we were not doing well. We decided to sell the lease. When we bought the lease, the building was just 4 walls, we had to put floors into it, electricity, air conditioning, plaster the ceiling and put alarms on it. It cost us close to €100000 to do it up. When we put the lease up for sale, the owner of the unit decided he wanted to buy back the lease as he had other ideas for it. We took it off the market in April and waited for the owner to take it back from us. It was dragging out but then in August 2005, the owner decided to take back the unit without paying us for it and broke in one night, cut the alarm and took all our stock worth €75000. When I called the police, they said there was nothing they could do as it was a civil matter. We have had our solicitors on it but they are so slow. Do we have a case? Surely someone cannot break into someones business without a court order and just take our stock. This cant be right.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement