Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Bare Bones Dell

Options
  • 26-08-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 abouta year ago when they were doing the 399 euro offer.

At the moment it has 256mb ram and I am using a dongle for my wireless connection.

I want to upgrade the memory, maybe 1 gb ram? I was wondering whether this would be possible to by myself, is it easy? Is it just a case of taking off a back panel and inserting more memory? Any help would be great, and the best place to buy.

Also, my laptop has the express card slot but at the time Dell said they weren't available to buy. Can you buy these now, are they cheap? Would I be better off buying a small usb dongle as the one I have now has a wire and the adaptor itself, maybe a usb stick style dongle would suffice?

Any help would be great as I'm heading to college in a few weeks and will start using the laptop more!

Advertisement