Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to get car tires in Galway

Options
  • 26-08-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good place to get car tires in Galway city or county?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Park Tyres in Tuam has to be the best I've used. 093 60400, tell them the guy with the orange FIAT sent you...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

I shopped around late last year for tyre prices in Galway and these two were definitely the best value that I found.

Treacy Tyres on the Galway Rd in Portumna (090)9741294
    I got my tyres there..forget exactly how much I paid but it was much, much cheaper than anywhere in the city and I didn't go for the cheapest brand either. Nice people also, family run.

Cloonboo Tyres
    (091)793015
    I remember getting a quote from this guy also, very reasonable and he will travel to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Brendan Byrnes in Oranmore or Martin Collins (Ballybrit Tyre Centre) on Monivea Rd also very reasonable and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I wouldn't recommend Kevin Farrell's. I used to be a good/faithful customer but my last visit ... they couldn't balance a wheel properly twice in the same day, so much that I thought there was another issue with the car, brought it to the main dealer and ended up paying the full price for a simple straight forward wheel balancing ... :-O
    Won't be going there again for a while...
    ValerieR

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

+1 For Cloonboo Tyres, Francis is a gent, and has an excellent mobile service if you can't get out to him...
    Cole wrote: »
    I shopped around late last year for tyre prices in Galway and these two were definitely the best value that I found.

Treacy Tyres on the Galway Rd in Portumna (090)9741294
    I got my tyres there..forget exactly how much I paid but it was much, much cheaper than anywhere in the city and I didn't go for the cheapest brand either. Nice people also, family run.

Cloonboo Tyres
    (091)793015
    I remember getting a quote from this guy also, very reasonable and he will travel to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Like dilallio, I'd recommend Ballybrit Exhaust and Tyres, just up the road from Windsor in Ballybrit. I usually deal with Karol (Martins son) up there, and always get excellent service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ballybrit tyres is indeed excellent , they even bashed my bent exhaust straight for me the last time I was there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

dilallio wrote: »
    Brendan Byrnes in Oranmore

+1 I went in a while back to replace some tyres and he told me only 2 needed to be replaced - honest and a decent price :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I'd go with Brendan Byrnes next door to Glynns Bar in Oranmore or Ballybrit Tyre Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Went with cloonboo tires.
    Great service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement