Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT mail in gmail?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Is it possible to set up your DIT mail to be forwarded to another account eg GMail?

Does anyone have this set up already? I'm so fed up of the DIT email system....I thought squirelmail was bad...

EDIT:

Ahhh 10mins of persistence pays off

you can set it up as long as you know the correct pop3 server mail.dit.ie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i hate it too, it's quicker and better interface for me to check my DIT mail on my iphone than it is using this squirrelmail replacement, squirrelmail was grand it was just **** slow, but now it's like open 50 pop ups to send/read email.

since the new DIT email is IMAP i'm not sure if it's possible to add the account to gmail, i know it was possible when the DIT email used POP3 but i haven't tried it since they moved to IMAP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Change it from mail.dit.ie to imap.dit.ie, it works :)

Nick

Advertisement