Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to....

• 26-08-2008 5:43pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

muffler & takola - newly appointed Waterford Forum Mods :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wont recognise them until I see thier avatars!

/waves anyway :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

welcome welcome!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Sully wrote: »
    muffler & takola - newly appointed Waterford Forum Mods :)

hmmmm i disturst these new people, what are their waterford credentials, what do they use their in blaaas to cure a hangover n such!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

welcome!! apologies in advance :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

?? They regular posters here ?? As someone else said, I probably won't recognise them till I see their Avatar/Sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Whooooo?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Welcome but I AM CONFUSSED

Why two new mods ?
    Why no talk on forum about new mods and poster been put forward ie happen with you sully, If memory serves me right

And the big one
    WHY are posters from Sligo and Donegal (i think ) been made Mods on the Waterford forum ?

Now I see that Muffler has 5 friends listed and two are Sully and Takola but that cannot be the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I didn't vote for them!

(welcome anyway, doodz)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Why two new mods ?

Its one of the busiest regional forums, and needs active moderators with experience. Fajitas! wont be around for at least a month, and its to busy for just one mod (even the two of us were under pressure modding it). I would imagine my time here will be a little limited for a while anyway.
    Why no talk on forum about new mods and poster been put forward ie happen with you sully, If memory serves me right

Myself and Fajitas! looked at some posters we felt would be a good choice but those who we contacted didn't want to do the job. We then looked at mods who would have experience and time for such a job and we agreed on muffler who recommended takola as another mod. This is the normal way for selecting mods (bar After Hours I believe).
    And the big one
    WHY are posters from Sligo and Donegal (i think ) been made Mods on the Waterford forum ?

What's the problem with non-Waterford (or south east) posters being mods? They don't need to be from the city/area to moderate.
    Now I see that Muffler has 5 friends listed and two are Sully and Takola but that cannot be the reason.

Conspiracy?! Im friendly with a lot of Boardsies and there not on my friends list as im sure you and many others are. The friends list carrys no weight. muffler used to mod sligo, but Takola took that job over when he retired from that forum.

There wont be much of a difference, but they will step in where appropriate and moderate. People think that when im posting, im doing so as a moderator. Thats not how it works. I post as a regular user, and put the mod hat on when required. This will apply here, though im not sure if they will be posting much. There just neutral observers who will moderate when required.

• Advertisement

Thank you Sully
    Perfectly fair answers ,
    And again welcome lads hope ye don't have to work to hard .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Thank you for the welcome guys!

As Sully said, you probably won't see much of us in the forum but we'll be here to moderate if it's needed. There'll be no changes at all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can't belive Sully didn't think of me :( Boooo.

Mike

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    I can't belive Sully didn't think of me :( Boooo.

Mike

I did actually, but you retired from modding so I decided to leave you be. :) Claiming the Boards.ie pension now and all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi to all the Wexford people and thanks for the welcome. My great great grandmother on my fathers side of the family hailed from Kilkenny - thats fairly close isn't it or at least close enough to qualify me under the granny rule.

And who's this mike65 fella? He's been 65 for quite some time now and as Sully said he is drawing the auld pension.

Now on a more serious note. You probably wont see an awful lot of posts by myself and takola (btw ROCKMAN takola is a fine looking young lady, not a lad ;)). We will be keeping an eye on things and we hope we will be as nice to you as you are to us :). Everyone has their own style of modding and Im a great believer in PM's so if any of you ever have any queries or want a wee rant or has an opinion on the moderating etc then just bang a PM off.

I'm looking forward to being a wee bit involved with the forum and thanks again for the welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

What's the problem with non-Waterford (or south east) posters being mods? They don't need to be from the city/area to moderate.

thats true, but tbh these new mods will not have an understanding of the issues in waterford city/county.

welcome new mods btw ,

im sure its hard enough being a mod without knowing what is happening in the city in general ????

Welcome to the forum.

muffler wrote: »
    Hi to all the Wexford people and thanks for the welcome. My great great grandmother on my fathers side of the family hailed from Kilkenny - thats fairly close isn't it or at least close enough to qualify me under the granny rule.

And who's this mike65 fella? He's been 65 for quite some time now and as Sully said he is drawing the auld pension.

Now on a more serious note. You probably wont see an awful lot of posts by myself and takola (btw ROCKMAN takola is a fine looking young lady, not a lad ;)). We will be keeping an eye on things and we hope we will be as nice to you as you are to us :). Everyone has their own style of modding and Im a great believer in PM's so if any of you ever have any queries or want a wee rant or has an opinion on the moderating etc then just bang a PM off.

I'm looking forward to being a wee bit involved with the forum and thanks again for the welcome.

wexford !!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

daftdave wrote: »
    thats true, but tbh these new mods will not have an understanding of the issues in waterford city/county.

welcome new mods btw ,

im sure its hard enough being a mod without knowing what is happening in the city in general ????

I actually think that it's better that we're not in Waterford and aren't familiar with what's going on there in alot of ways. We're completely neutral. We will be moderating your behaviour on the forum (ie. personal abuse etc) rather than the information given. We'll moderate from the charter. The things we'd call people on are basic common sense. Sully will still be around and he's familiar with the city/county and what's going on there.

So we won't be getting involved in alot of the threads/discussions. We'll get involved if personal abuse is being thrown around or people are just being silly.

At the end of the day Moderators are really only there to ensure people stay within the charter rules and use basic common sense. We can do that without knowing the ins and outs of what's going on in the County.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

First thing ye should do is ban Sully, thinks he's above the law in this forum

• Advertisement

Predictable response. *yawns*

dont ban me but i have to agree , when i flick round other areas of boards ppl aint half as harsh , !!

wexford !!!!! lol
    ;)

dont ban me but i have to agree , when i flick round other areas of boards ppl aint half as harsh , !!

Different forums, different issues so different way of dealing with things. All bans that have been handed out to date have been more then fair - we moderate to the charter and the site rules, nothing else.

People have plenty of chances to cop themselves on but alas they think they own the place so they can say and do what they want. Peoples concerns were noted in Feedback, and you will note that the higher authorities supported how the forum was being run.

Im like muffler - ill take constructive feedback over PM anytime, as several users have done in the past. :)

Anyway, this topic isnt about how the forum is moderated. PM/Feedback if you wish folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Feedback is a waste of time, its just a bunch of mods sticking up for each other.

Anyway welcome to the wayward mods, have a few blaas and a few large bottles to settle in.

Different forums, different issues so different way of dealing with things. All bans that have been handed out to date have been more then fair - we moderate to the charter and the site rules, nothing else.

People have plenty of chances to cop themselves on but alas they think they own the place so they can say and do what they want. Peoples concerns were noted in Feedback, and you will note that the higher authorities supported how the forum was being run.

Im like muffler - ill take constructive feedback over PM anytime, as several users have done in the past. :)

Anyway, this topic isnt about how the forum is moderated. PM/Feedback if you wish folks :)

get out of it boy, you love lashing out the bans !!!:p

You havent been to the other forums I moderate then :cool:

Anyway welcome to the wayward mods, have a few blaas and a few large bottles to settle in.
    Cheers.

Any stray coke or hookers down these parts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

muffler wrote: »
    Cheers.

Any stray coke or hookers down these parts?

I know you might not be aware of too many dealings around Waterford but that can be seen as bad taste considering the deaths around Christmas time. I know it's only a joke but some people could take it the wrong way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

:D welcome on board ....
    It will be great to have more than KING SULLY running the Place..:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement