Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

kensutz wrote: »
    I know you might not be aware of too many dealings around Waterford but that can be seen as bad taste considering the deaths around Christmas time. I know it's only a joke but some people could take it the wrong way.

Oh come on, how can you pull someone up over that. The guy was trying to lighten the tone with a joke. It amazes me that people can go so far out of their way to be offended. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

DOH! Forgot to say welcome;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

Good Morning & Welcome :D:D - any chance of All Ireland tickets for the Hurling in your part of the country??? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Good Morning & Welcome :D:D - any chance of All Ireland tickets for the Hurling in your part of the country??? ;)

Now there is clever thinking , AND can I be 2nd in line ,if there is any flowing around up there.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Who?
    Any name changes take place on either of these two?
    Welcome along by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

welcome and stuff, in fairness the coke and hookers mention is a joke amoung all mods and admins on boards, its well known at this stage and if people take offense to it then perhaps they should not use the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks again to everyone for the welcome.

Unfortunately I cant help with any hurling tickets. I dont think that there would be many given to the county (Donegal) in any event.

muffler wrote: »
    Thanks again to everyone for the welcome.

Unfortunately I cant help with any hurling tickets. I dont think that there would be many given to the county (Donegal) in any event.

Ah well it worth a try, think each club gets a few, I'm only looking for one hehehehe ;);)

I'll forgive ya for not getting me one ;) ur still welcome :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Ah well it worth a try, think each club gets a few, I'm only looking for one hehehehe ;);)

I'll forgive ya for not getting me one ;) ur still welcome :D:D

are you looking for the stand or the hill?

emo!! wrote: »
    are you looking for the stand or the hill?

At this stage anything I can get!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

This is a local forum.... for local people!

Don't mind the naysayers lad and lassie.

Sully and Fajitas probably never got a chance to tell ye, but I'm above the law ok? Just an FYI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Cabaal wrote: »
    welcome and stuff, in fairness the coke and hookers mention is a joke amoung all mods and admins on boards, its well known at this stage and if people take offense to it then perhaps they should not use the internet

weren't 3 users recently banned for making batman jokes in the thread about bats? so some jokes are allowed but others aren't?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

weren't 3 users recently banned for making batman jokes in the thread about bats? so some jokes are allowed but others aren't?

Nope. People were banned because they kept suggesting illegal ways to kill the bats. There were plenty of jokes passed before the thread derailed completely and both myself and Fajitas! issued bans for those who completely ignored our repeated warnings to stay on topic.

Off topic banter is always accepted in topics, once it doesn't get to a stage where the thread isn't being taken seriously anymore.

I think its an overreaction about the Coke & Hookers joke which wasn't intended towards any recent problems in Waterford (or Ireland for that matter).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

KingLoser wrote: »
    Sully and Fajitas probably never got a chance to tell ye, but I'm above the law ok? Just an FYI.

Aye, he is. Hes an undercover moderator ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

sunnyse wrote: »
    Oh come on, how can you pull someone up over that. The guy was trying to lighten the tone with a joke. It amazes me that people can go so far out of their way to be offended. :eek:
    Cabaal wrote: »

I know he was joking but like I said some people might find it in bad taste. As for you Barry, you've fallen way down in my views.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I know he was joking but like I said some people might find it in bad taste. As for you Barry, you've fallen way down in my views.

The only person who had an issue with it was you and you've admitted you know it was a joke.

It's been made clear that it was a joke. Let it lie.

As takola said - give it a rest. I cracked a joke and if anyone has an issue with a joke then they have problems. Im not coming to this or any other forum to walk on eggshells so if anyone has a problem with anything I post here then PM me.

This thread was started by Sully to introduce takola and myself and I thank everyone for their warm welcome. However I will perform my first piece of moderation if this thread is going to be derailed.

Peace brothers and sisters.:cool:

If any else feels the joke was distasteful, can you contact one of us please over PM? If the majority of the forum are unhappy with such a comment - even with it not being even close to the incident at Christmas - we will discuss it with the higher authorities about banning all jokes that include cocaine if it upsets people within this forum only. Cheers. :)

Anyway, lets leave it like that and continue on with the topics purpose: Welcoming muffler and takola as the new Waterford Forum Mods :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Sully wrote: »
    we will discuss it with the higher authorities about banning all jokes that include cocaine if it upsets people within this forum only. Cheers

if that kinda big brother style moderating ends up in the waterford forum then what is the point in coming onto boards at all, it was a silly joke and should not have been taken serious at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

We'd have to ban talking about cigarettes and alcohol too, because people die from them every year...

Come off it like, yer obviously just tryin to get a poke in at them because they're not local.

Let's all be friends.... or else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Regardless of what happened in Waterford even if it didn't people could find it offensive because something like that happened in Florida or New York etc when they lived there and they found it offensive.

In short if you didn't post something because "somebody might find it offensive" then we'd end up posting nothing on boards.ie because I'm sure somewhere somehow it can offend somebody in the world.

I get your point but I honestly can't see the whole of boards drop the whole coke and hookers joke because of it and the joke was relevant in this thread as its welcoming new mods.....be a different thing altogether if it was in a crime thread or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As a poster who is a friend of one of the families unlucky enough to be involved in that tragedy,
    I did not find the joke anyway out of line , it was a joke let it go ,
    In fact I find the on going discussing more out of line.
    Lads and lassies
    BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT :)

The issue regarding the joke has been debated and concluded as far as I am concerned anyhow.

If anyone else wishes to to say hi and welcome (or offer a few vodkas)* to myself and the lovely takola then fine otherwise I think we can close this thread shortly.

*Here's hoping that no one finds vodka offensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Welcome guys,

Best of luck! *(You'll need it):D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Why's Mufflers name not bold like all other mods?

Welcome by the way, I make batman jokes so you'd better watch out for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

AdMMM wrote: »

When you're that good of a moderator, you don't need fancy bold or italics...

I kind of realised once I posted. They aren't subscribed to the mods user group. Ye have to be awkward :P

Unlike the other mods Im not bold. But I can be if you want ;)

Thanks for the welcome Robin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

So he can go in disguise and watch you slip up and ban you without noticing:p

Advertisement