Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make XP look like Vista

• 26-08-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to make my XP pro (SP3) system have the look of Vista by way of a theme or skin. I keep getting a load of nonsense of t'internet when I run a google search.

Has anyone here an idea of the easiest and best way to make my XP machine look like Vista?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

There is a "Vista Transformation pack" but it bogs down your system, it will make xp run slower than vista would in cases!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

a lot of these 3rd party theme pack will bog down the system somewhat
    but if all you want is a nice back interface see here

wont efferct system performance at all and looks pretty nice too, i use it on all my xp pc's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Use stardock's WindowBlinds. It's officially approved by MS and it runs native to the OS so it won't bog down your system (as long as the system itself isn't complete rubbish). It also has some customisation bits and pieces so you can turn on/off certain features if they're nagging at your system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

Go to Google . Type Google sidebars ...and download any side bar that you fancy. They should install on right side of your monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

stardock are a good company. I play their games myself but they approach all their software the same - delivering what the paying customer wants. And they do deliver.

Incidentally WindowBlinds isnt free, correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Why don't you install vista, surely thats the obvious thing to do if you want a vista look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Overheal wrote: »

It's been a long time since I used it but I do recall it being pay-for software, but where there's a will....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Overheal wrote: »
    stardock are a good company. I play their games myself but they approach all their software the same - delivering what the paying customer wants. And they do deliver.

Its shareware, although Windows Vista Ultimate users can download their "deskscapes" video wallpaper program for free, I think there is a shareware version for all vista OS's now allowing video wallpapers

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Hi

I'm trying to make my XP pro (SP3) system have the look of Vista by way of a theme or skin. I keep getting a load of nonsense of t'internet when I run a google search.

Has anyone here an idea of the easiest and best way to make my XP machine look like Vista?

Thanks

http://www.crystalxp.net/bricopack/

• Advertisement
Advertisement