Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Acoustic Dream Theater

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

james labrie is the main problem with dream theater imo..and cheesy riffs,falling into infinity had some good stuff..metropolis 2 was brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

krimson765 wrote: »
    james labrie is the main problem with dream theater imo..and cheesy riffs,falling into infinity had some good stuff..metropolis 2 was brutal

What the hell - Metropolis Part 2 is one of the best albums ever!!!

I agree James LaBrie is their downfall though. I really love Dream Theater, have all their stuff & have seen them live at least 6 times, but James' voice just doesn't hold notes well enough. Doesn't turn me off them though, but Queensryche will always win out over DT for that reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

did'nt find it great..saw them in dublin in 2002,great gig apart from labrie..they did some wonderful medley during it with erotomania.awake had some cool stuff.metropolis was awful bad in parts..prefer when they just concentrate more on the music,great players..if a little over the top at times(how many cymbals does portnoy have!)..their slow songs are horrendous..notably another day..
    first prog band i got into,ytse jam!kik ass
    but porcupine tree and king crimson are a step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Ah here, as said Metropolis is amazing! I know James can be a bit off live but he is still a great singer. The fact he wrecked his voice before the Awake tour doesnt help things. (The vocals on Awake are some of his best though IMO)

I didnt find that video that good though :eek:

Maybe it was just the quality

Now here's a great Another Day video. Not DT but a f*cking amazing job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Not bad at all, plus the video linked me to this video after which I thought was fantastic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement