Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When a Boardsie Does the ToI ...

Options
  • 26-08-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

I am here at the start of the ToI, working in the press office and I have ran about 15 miles already from one press conference to a meeting, looking for lost journalists and chasing officials, and water bottles. So far I have met David Duffield, David O'loughlin, Daniel Martin and Marco Pinotti. See attached photos. Cavendish has been confirmed but I haven't seen him yet. I will post more from my hotel room tonight... right now I am still running all over the place.

Was not my idea to sit on Duffield’s knees .. he insisted ... I am really embarrassed on this photo ... ( I don't usually look so tense ... bad photo ...)

Oh and apparently I have just missed a race in the parking lot between O’loughlin and Cavendish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Cool!

Can't see any photos/links though, so I will have to assume that you have imagined most of this until I get concrete evidence!

Weird about the lap thing, was he in lycra? Did he stand straight up after or sit down a bit longer?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Looking good Caroline, I hope you have a Boards jersey handy! Hope to see you in Waterford tomorrow, understand of course if you are busy, we will try not to get in the way too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Was not my idea to sit on Duffield’s knees .. he insisted ... I am really embarrassed on this photo ....

Why be embarassed? Look how happy he is:D

Enjoy the cut and thrust of the press office!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

blorg wrote: »
    Looking good Caroline, I hope you have a Boards jersey handy! Hope to see you in Waterford tomorrow, understand of course if you are busy, we will try not to get in the way too much!

She has the mini one of mine to get signed by all our heroes :)

Hope you're having fun Caroline, I'm enjoying the mms gloating too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Class - Very jealous of ya meeting Duffers !!!

I'm volunteering on Sun in Cork but reckon I'l be manning the toilets or something...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

She has the mini one of mine to get signed by all our heroes :)
    I think this going to be hard ... because I ll be running all over the place .. and been taking photos with my phone too to be faster ... I'm sure i can get Duffield to hold and sign the jersey tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Nice pics Caroline,glad to see you are having fun.You deserve it after all your hard work on Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I think this going to be hard ... because I ll be running all over the place .. and been taking photos with my phone too to be faster ... I'm sure i can get Duffield to hold and sign the jersey tho.

It's no big deal -even a pic of it with the Duff man would be grand for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Great work Caroline! Hope it all goes smoothly enough for you out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭patspost

What time does stage 2 start from Thurles?, What time will it arrive in Loughrea, I might try and get near the route to watch!,
    Tks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Sounds hectic Caroline but I'm sure you are having a blast too.
    I'm soooooooo jealous!

looking forward to the next installment of stories and photos.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Was not my idea to sit on Duffield’s knees .. he insisted ...

It should be your new avatar picture.

patspost wrote: »
    What time does stage 2 start from Thurles?, What time will it arrive in Loughrea, I might try and get near the route to watch!,
    Tks

Thusrles starts at 11:20, but come earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Did you manage to sneak your bike with you Caroline_ie? :D Enjoy the fun.

sy wrote: »
    Did you manage to sneak your bike with you Caroline_ie? :D Enjoy the fun.

Oh how I wish I did ..

Great stage, up at the crack of dawn, breakie on the Quays, I wasn't able to wander around the start animations ... I had to work at the start line permanence office...

Met Sean Kelly again at the stage finish he remembered us boardsies from Sunday's 160k!

Will post again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Caroline - if you're travelling with the tour tomorrow give us a beep as you pass through Coolbawn - where? - Ok let me explain - if you look at the An Post map there is only name that nobody recognises, that's us: Coolbawn (pop. 10 - my house, my parents, and two neighbouring houses!). All that Coolbawn has to offer the world is - the country shop, run by my parents and a village pump but tomorrow for me is a big day as after following races at home and abroad for so many years it is great to have an event like the Tour travel through the local area, the first one ever to do so. By the way I'm just in from decorating the pump! See my Flickr page. I Will add the Boards jersey to it tomorrow. I was going to camp out for the night to get the full "Tour" experience but decided to give it a miss! OK reality check needed - getting carried away. Enjoy the rest of the Tour

www.flickr.com/photos/mmolamphy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I am here at the start of the ToI, working in the press office and I have ran about 15 miles already from one press conference to a meeting, looking for lost journalists and chasing officials, and water bottles. So far I have met David Duffield, David O'loughlin, Daniel Martin and Marco Pinotti. See attached photos. Cavendish has been confirmed but I haven't seen him yet. I will post more from my hotel room tonight... right now I am still running all over the place.

Was not my idea to sit on Duffield’s knees .. he insisted ... I am really embarrassed on this photo ... ( I don't usually look so tense ... bad photo ...)

Oh and apparently I have just missed a race in the parking lot between O’loughlin and Cavendish.

Nice meeting you Caroline even if I seemed a bit lost this morning. Those 3am starts aren't good for me.

Oh and btw who was the fella wearing the boards jersey cycling in amongst the teams.

If anyone wants to see some pics check my Flickr link below. I'm awake 22 hours but going to upload some in the next half hour or so.

kensutz wrote: »
    Nice meeting you Caroline even if I seemed a bit lost this morning. Those 3am starts aren't good for me.

Oh and btw who was the fella wearing the boards jersey cycling in amongst the teams.

Yes! I remember you, I gave you a press pass :)

Certainly did, might see you around during the week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

michaelm wrote: »
    Caroline - if you're travelling with the tour tomorrow give us a beep as you pass through Coolbawn - where? - Ok let me explain - if you look at the An Post map there is only name that nobody recognises, that's us: Coolbawn (pop. 10 - my house, my parents, and two neighbouring houses!). All that Coolbawn has to offer the world is - the country shop, run by my parents and a village pump but tomorrow for me is a big day as after following races at home and abroad for so many years it is great to have an event like the Tour travel through the local area, the first one ever to do so. By the way I'm just in from decorating the pump! See my Flickr page. I Will add the Boards jersey to it tomorrow. I was going to camp out for the night to get the full "Tour" experience but decided to give it a miss! OK reality check needed - getting carried away. Enjoy the rest of the Tour

www.flickr.com/photos/mmolamphy

nice work on the pump

Some photos from the day

2803678411_8dd35d57f8.jpg

2803697367_efd21d865c.jpg

2803695959_98e73e1c5b.jpg

2804559190_63b4886047.jpg

2804575058_4f6a8ca932.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Nice photos.

I actually caught some of the coverage on TV last night, was decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nice photos, particularly like the one up the mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Great photos kensutz

Thanks and
    Cavendish did it again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Better mark that as a spoiler or people will get excited !

Advertisement