Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engineers report for faulty car

Options
  • 26-08-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's involved or who to contact to get an independant engineers report done on a car. I have a brand new '08 that sqeaks and rattles like a '94 FIAT Punto despite numerous trips to the dealer.

Basically I don't know where to go from here. I could get a set of ear plugs or turn up the radio but TBH I don't think it's good enough having spent my hard earned.

TBH, despite liking everything else about the car I'd be happy to get rid at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for a response?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im in same position with a brand new €50,000 car. Difficult to get anywhere. Mine doesnt rattle but it handles erratically. Ive just had a report done but it was a pure exercise in covering his own back that its not worth the paper its writen on.

I know the AA do reports but if not a member you will have to go to them in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for a response?

It's good to see BMW, Mazda and soon VAG taking over distribution in Ireland - more of a chance they'll really give a **** if things go wrong. Unfortunately I have a Subaru which is imported by an independant. I won't be giving up though.
    mickdw wrote: »
    Im in same position with a brand new €50,000 car. Difficult to get anywhere. Mine doesnt rattle but it handles erratically. Ive just had a report done but it was a pure exercise in covering his own back that its not worth the paper its writen on.

I know the AA do reports but if not a member you will have to go to them in dublin.

That's the A5 right? That's a bummer and sounds more serious. Mine handles sublimely and the engine is a peach. That makes it worse in a way because what sounds like a small problem is completely ruining the experience. And like yours it's one of those annoying grey areas that's difficult to prove.

It's also undermining my faith in Subaru. Is the only alternative a boring BMW?

Advertisement