Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutro Choice

Options
  • 26-08-2008 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

We have been feeding our dog Nutro Choice on the advice of the breeder since we got him. He has been eating it now for 10 months without complaint and he is probably the healthiest, shiniest dog I have ever seen. Everyone comments on his coat, but we are having problems finding stockists. Can anyone shed any light on this. The shop we had been buying it from can no longer get it and it seems most shops are having difficulty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

I had a friend who was working at a pet shop and they were given a bunch of the Nutro Natural Choice dog food. She gave it to me, because she did not have a dog. It didn't agree too much with my dog though and I discontinued it after I ran out.

Do you live in the states? I usually use Pet Smart (petsmart.com), because they always seem to have a pretty good deal and they offer free shipping on a lot of their stuff, but I am not sure if they would offer it on the dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Nutro Choice is no longer being supplied in Ireland. There is another product that should be becoming avaiable called Nutram that is a very similar food. Another one that should be arriving here soon I think is Orijen, whoch is a grain free food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

TommyT wrote: »
    We have been feeding our dog Nutro Choice on the advice of the breeder since we got him. He has been eating it now for 10 months without complaint and he is probably the healthiest, shiniest dog I have ever seen. Everyone comments on his coat, but we are having problems finding stockists. Can anyone shed any light on this. The shop we had been buying it from can no longer get it and it seems most shops are having difficulty.

Their probably sipping cocktails in Hawaii with Arden Grange who went on holidays weeks ago and haven't come back as yet my suppliers can't get hold of this either their running out of the dog food and the cat foods long gone.

Arden Grange have been back off holidays since the start of last week, if your local shop have not had a delivery I would ask them what the story is.

Nutro cannot be got in shops here anymore unless the shops still have some quantities left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

On my way down now. Their all high as a kite without it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Funny we had entire pallets of the stuff, no-one ever bought it and virtually 90% of it went out of date.....

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Try www.zooplus.ie Extensive range of foods & free delivery on orders over (I think) 45 euro. Have bought Nutro & Orijen from them & a big bag is free delivery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

LisaO wrote: »
    Try www.zooplus.ie Extensive range of foods & free delivery on orders over (I think) 45 euro. Have bought Nutro & Orijen from them & a big bag is free delivery :)

How long does delivery take? Running low on food now and dont really want to give him anything else.

One issue I had with Nutro lately is that the food for Europe is now being made in Hungary. I tried to get assurances from Nutro that the quality of the food and the ingredients wouldn't be changing. Couldn't get those assurances, all there was was a stony silence.

It may well be exactly the same, but knowing how food can vary from batch to batch even in the same factory, I would have preferred the courtesy of a reply at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

So what are you feeding your dog instead?

• Advertisement

I'm now feeding Orijen. It is a totally grain free food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Does anyone use Ballybeg dog food my dogs love it and because of the fish oil it leaves their coats beautiful

Advertisement