Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice

Options
  • 26-08-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

In June when i had to decide my CAO choices i sort of messed up. At the time i wanted to do International Business at DIT(so put it as my first choice) but in the last few weeks i realised that i really didn't want to do that and much prefered my second choice Creative Digital Media(ITB). I had hoped that i wouldn't have enough points for my first choice so i could do my second choice but unfortunately for me the points of International Business happened to come down by ten points meaning i was offered my first choice :(

I really wanted to do the my second choice and i didn't fancy my level 7 offer either so basicaly i can't go to college this year. Some people are telling me to do a PLC this year and reapply next year but i'm wondering is their a point in doing that?

Has anyone ever done a PLC before going to college and was it worth it?

I'm really confused at the moment :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Mr.S wrote: »
    you dont have to do a PLC, just take a year out, get a job, travel etc then reaplly to CAO with that course as your first.

an excellent idea......unless the points go up next year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

travellings not really an option for me to be honest even if i had the money :(

is there a vacant course on www.cao.ie that can get you into second year of the course you want next year?

unlikely but worth checking out

theres places going in 'media and cultural studies' in DBS

digital media engineering in dcu :D

• Advertisement

creative multimedia in tipperary :D

Advertisement