Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Pro-Wrestling solution to a Pro-Wrestling problem?

• 26-08-2008 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

So all this fussin and a fighting is starting to wear thin with a lot of people round here. Clearly people want to use this forum to inform themselves about wrestling past and present, discuss all things PW related and occaisionally - have an over-heated debate where neither side will admit defeat and instead resort to endless rebuttals and insults.

So here's an idea for discussion - how about we have a Hell In a Cell sticky here so that as soon as two people are clearly taking a thread off topic they can be told to take it to the Cell - kinda like our own Thunderdome? Two users enter the cell - both leave eventually but neither is ever the same again. Maybe it shouldn't even be left up to the mod to call up a user - other users could even do that. The mods would then have somewhere to move all the rows that will inevitabley happen.

Would the Pro-Wrestling forum run more smoothly with a Hell In A Cell thread? 3 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Id just prefer that people don’t attack me unnecessarily for pages on end and stick to the charter. A thread like this will only encourage bashing of me not prevent it. There are many posters on this board who almost never post when Wrestling discussion goes on but will be first in the cue to attack me. The OP is just one of those people.

Id rather just deal with the current problem in one thread right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

How about just putting a user who's posting style you don't like on the ignore list or attacking the post and not the poster and being civil to each other and not starting witch hunts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

rovert - it's not all about you or me you know.

Or accepting citing pretty well establish fact (yes I know it is Wrestling) has often greater value than someone's groundless or near groundless opinion?

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    How about just putting a user who's posting style you don't like on the ignore list or attacking the post and not the poster and being civil to each other and not starting witch hunts?

Ignore list is well and good but doesn't really solve the problem. Believe me - I have tried to be civil.

Ignore list is well and good but doesn't really solve the problem. Believe me - I have tried to be civil.

By supporting somone calling me a dickhead? That is far worse than anything I said to someone here.

rovert wrote: »
    By supporting somone calling me a dickhead? That is far worse than anything I said to someone here.

No, I admit that by that point I had given up trying. And yes I agree it is worse than anything you said.

No, I admit that by that point I had given up trying. And yes I agree it is worse than anything you said.

Yet since then Ive remained civil to you even in arguing. Im glad you've admitted it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm writing a thread in Feedback. Go there in a few minute's time

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement