Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"3" or vodafone modem ?????

• 26-08-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

im looking for views on the above,i want to know which is better for signal quality,speed etc etc
    thanks for your replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I would be more inclined to go for vodafone-yes its dearer but their so much easier to deal with- Irish call centre compaired to 3's Mumbai office where I can't understand them! I think that vodafone gives a better speed in general

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

thanks ah watch,i kind of figured that might be the response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

Neither...O2 in my experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Personally I would skip both and opt for O2 as well.

Have a look over at the Broadband Forum too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I would do the O2 month trial firdt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I would recommend the 02 broadband too(normally don't like 02) but 02 BB is very good and as it said three or vodafone I was picking between the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It all depends on location, but 3 or 02 are your best options....Vodafone as a last resort if all else fails...

Start with 02, if you don't get a blue light head off to 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sorry drunkmonkey gotta differ on this one. 3 and phones 10/10. For broadband id go for o2 mp voda. Probably o2 as the offer is better than voda.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

+1 for o2 on this issue.

best 3g coverage and only one offering 7.2 mbps speeds.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    +1 for o2 on this issue.

best 3g coverage and only one offering 7.2 mbps speeds.

+1 02 is the best option...

• Advertisement

my problem is i got the 02 one for a month and got a macbook with 10.5.4 and it connects but wont open a browser,brought the whole lot in and they rang data support and i was informed that the o2 modem isnt compatible with this software for a few more months????
    i had it working on a windows pc and yes it is very good but anyone can help me on this one???
    thanks for all the feedback guys

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Three is the best option...
    Corrected that for ya. You forgot your normal line ;)

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Corrected that for ya. You forgot your normal line ;)

No Man i'm 02 all the way with the broadband (depending on location)....Three all the way for the phone:D

my problem is i got the 02 one for a month and got a macbook with 10.5.4 and it connects but wont open a browser,brought the whole lot in and they rang data support and i was informed that the o2 modem isnt compatible with this software for a few more months????
    i had it working on a windows pc and yes it is very good but anyone can help me on this one???
    thanks for all the feedback guys

Are you trying to open the browser through the 02 software, can you not just open the browser as normal once the connection is established....

I've the 3 software on an imac with 10.5.4 but i'm using an 02 sim in an unlocked 3 modem....

The guys in 02 support should be able to get it going for you without installing the software at all, you can just create an manual connection.....

Are you trying to open the browser through the 02 software, can you not just open the browser as normal once the connection is established....

I've the 3 software on an imac with 10.5.4 but i'm using an 02 sim in an unlocked 3 modem....

The guys in 02 support should be able to get it going for you without installing the software at all, you can just create an manual connection.....

thanks drunkmonkey for the reply, yeah i just installed the o2 driver as they say your supposed to do with a mac,then when everything seems all hunkydory i hit connect and in the top of the screen it says connected and the time starts going but click on safari and nothing maybe im doing something wrong!,do you know there contact number for them is?

Yea it's 1850 60 1740 or 1740 from an 02 phone...

try and get someone that's well up on mac's on the line....they can be tricky to set up right.....they've rarley wen't smoothly...

if the modem light is solid and not blinking then your connected....you just need to get the browser working....

Yea it's 1850 60 1740 or 1740 from an 02 phone...

try and get someone that's well up on mac's on the line....they can be tricky to set up right.....they've rarley wen't smoothly...

if the modem light is solid and not blinking then your connected....you just need to get the browser working....

thanks drunkmonkey for your help,ill give them a ring after work,and ill post back as soon as i know how it goes,;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've a couple of relatives who have had disasterous experiences with O2 modems. However it does depend on the location a lot. The best idea is to take out a trial. If you can get an O2 modem for a month it it goes ok then stick with it or give it back then try a 3 modem on a 14 day trial.

Advertisement