Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavlyuchenko

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Selling Defoe was a mistake in hindsight, but only because of Liverpool getting keane. defoe wanted to go, his body language was not good, and his contract was running down. If Keane hadn't left we wouldn't be missing him. he's a great finisher, and will always score goals. he and Steed are the only two players we have sold we might miss. I don't count carrick, Robbie or Berbatov, as they all left for top four and clubs can't really hold players who are upwardly mobile any more. The key is having all decent players on long term contracts, so if they do want to leave, we get their value.
    On the incomings, we really need to be realistic. three years ago, we were amazed to see the purse strings loosened with Arnesen\Santini bringing in a truckload of players. Most of them were far from top class remember this lot included Atouba, Pamarot, Edman, Zeigler, Davis. We did get Robinson, Mendes, Carrick. Now, we are signing a higher grade of player altogether. Hutton, Woodgate, Bale, modric, bentley, and it seems more to come. Ramos is completely revamping the team and squad. I think we won't see his tema in earnest until after Christmas. I expect it to show that we are nearly ready to challenge the top four then This is not blind optimism, it's based on the management, personnel, and age profile of the squad. Once we got rid of BMJ, right or wrong, (and let's be honest, the team looked unfit and leaked goals), we had to accept a new man would wheel, deal, and need time. We judge this group in May.
    If we get Corluka, Veloso, and Arshavin, I expect to see more sales either now or at christmas. Zokora and BAE may go. The 18- 19 outfield players will be fit, motivated, and augmented when required by youngsters. loans can be recalled if injuries occur- look how O Hara blossomed on his return in January.
    With the power players now have, a young squad may be a bit more stable.
    If berbs is going to Manyoo, and Veloso is only a rumour, we should look for Fletcher- he's a good player with a great attitude.
    I have a dream
    PS, for loyalty and it's eventual rewards, you have to go to Croke Park on Sundays -Ken Mcgrath and Matty Forde are prime examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I'm not one for maths but i fancy there will be a good 10 or more points between us come May 2009.

I have no doubt of that myself. Sure we're already 4 pts there after only two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bentley or Modric for £35 million, or Guthrie and Spiderman for £6 million. I'll let you do the math.

Weren't singing that tune when Modric was touring your training ground Charlie...

Weren't singing that tune when Modric was touring your training ground Charlie...

Certainly wasn't no, but even top blokes like me can make mistakes. And sure I hadn't of even heard of Spiderman at that stage. Someone must have been on a sick day to prevent yous pulling the rug out from under us on that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Te Newcastle of yesteryear, yes, but as reckless pointed out, same goes for Spuds.

However, if Newcastle can be accussed of anything at the moment, it is being prudent in the market and signing quality players, not at an over inflated price.

Bentley or Modric for £35 million, or Guthrie and Spiderman for £6 million. I'll let you do the math.

and who are Spiderman and Guthrie? let's not forget that Modric turned you barcodes down last May. Typical deluded Newcastle fan, they always give me a chuckle. Don't get too excited by your half-decent start. you luckily caught Man U on a bad day.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

el diablo wrote: »
    and who are Spiderman and Guthrie? let's not forget that Modric turned you barcodes down last May. Typical deluded Newcastle fan, they always give me a chuckle. Don't get too excited by your half-decent start. you luckily caught Man U on a bad day.

Ah now in fairness if our greatest achivement was to piss away the title you'd be slightly deluded 2.
    :eek:

I personally love them, They make me feel sane when I think i expect 2 much of spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

ziedth wrote: »
    Ah now in fairness if our greatest achivement was to piss away the title you'd be slightly deluded 2.
    :eek:

I personally love them, They make me feel sane when I think i expect 2 much of spurs.

Yeah me too!

They are a shambles as always, but an entertaining one at that.

Now if the geordie also-rans will excuse us, we've football to play . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Pavlyuchenko is an overrated noob. If you got him for 5 million it would be a good signing.

Pavlyuchenko is an overrated noob. If you got him for 5 million it would be a good signing.

Holy Jaysus :rolleyes:

Why feel the need to come in to the Spurs Supporters Club forum to utter that ill-informed shíte

I can only hope he'd a few jars on him....the embarrassment of it

He's just signed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

He'll hardly be available for tomorrow will he?

IanCurtis wrote: »

Why feel the need to come in to the Spurs Supporters Club forum to utter that ill-informed shíte

What?

The guy is nearly 27, and has no experience in the EPL. He's also being signed on the back of a major tournament which doesn't bode well for Spurs, but then again you like signing players for insane prices on the back of token performance a la Luka Modric.

It is true that Pavlyuchenko had interest from Real Madrid but in the same way McGeady has from Barca.

Roman will be a decent signing, but a only about a 5 million pound profit replacing Keane...quite bad business. Makes Keano's fee seem low.

Spurs could have done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

estebancambias is a troll, not a funny one at that. Pay no heed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

sorry to go off topic but is it you in the youtube video in you signature? It's slightly embarrassing, don't you think?:eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Kold wrote: »
    estebancambias is a troll, not a funny one at that. Pay no heed.

No, not trolling, just people overrating the guy...Its a downgrade from Robbie Keane, and if Berbatov goes then Spurs will not have anything near the attacking potency of last season.

He's also being signed on the back of a major tournament which doesn't bode well for Spurs

I'm gonna take issue with this...

He scored 1 in every 2 league games for Spartak, and a little worse than that on the international front.

He was top scorer in the Russian league in 2006 and 2007.

I don't believe we've signed him based on five games in Euro 08.

His record is amazing in the Russian League, and it is a decent league. I did say that in fairness he has been linked with Real Madrid, but there was never any strong interest.

I personally don't think he is anything close to the standard that Serhiy Rebrov was and he flopped in the EPL. Although Spurs did mess him about.

He could come good for Spurs, but not as good as Keane or Berbatov.

His record is amazing in the Russian League, and it is a decent league. I did say that in fairness he has been linked with Real Madrid, but there was never any strong interest.

I personally don't think he is anything close to the standard that Serhiy Rebrov was and he flopped in the EPL. Although Spurs did mess him about.

He could come good for Spurs, but not as good as Keane or Berbatov.

I think I speak for all members of the Spurs forum when I say go away.

No one wants to hear your opinion on what players Spurs have signed or not signed.
    Disclaimer: I may not speak on behalf of this forum...but why is he here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

I think I speak for all members of the Spurs forum when I say f*ck off you weasel-faced arsehole.

No one wants to hear your half-witted opinion on what players Spurs have signed or not signed. You are a tit of the most moronic order. If you want to express your moronic juvenile views, go to your local sex-offender's register get together.

Dickhead.

Row-rising plum-puller posts in the Spurs Supporters Club???

because he likes the attention trolling brings with it

No, because you're overrating the player......

• Advertisement

I think I speak for all members of the Spurs forum when I say f*ck off you weasel-faced arsehole.

No one wants to hear your half-witted opinion on what players Spurs have signed or not signed. You are a tit of the most moronic order. If you want to express your moronic juvenile views, go to your local sex-offender's register get together.

Dickhead.

Row-rising plum-puller posts in the Spurs Supporters Club???

ethug2.jpg

Slow down there playa. Who died and made you king of the castle? All Estie is providing is a viewpoint which differs from yours, not trolling, jurt offering an opinion. Why can't you offered a reasoned response to it if you disagree with him, rather than making yourself look like a pent up child.

I think I speak for all members of the Spurs forum when I say go away.

No one wants to hear your opinion on what players Spurs have signed or not signed.

Banned for one week due to original pre-edit post.

If anyone has a problem with this please PM me and do not discuss on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

just wondering is pav cup tied in the uefa until after christmas?

KingdomYid wrote: »
    just wondering is pav cup tied in the uefa until after christmas?

Cup-tied full stop I believe.

Advertisement