Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German grinds in the institute

Options
  • 26-08-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

hey :) Just wondering if any of last years leaving certs did german grinds in the tute and if there any use Any recommendations would be great before the rents fork out aloda money :) thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I did German grinds in the 'Tute during the Christmas session. I had a teacher called Orla Ni Shuilleabhain. She was really good and I'd really recommend it if you could get her as a teacher. She really helped me and some of her notes were really good.

I got an A2 and her notes really helped me, but like don't be under any illusions, you still have to learn the stuff she gives you. Just because you go to her classes doesn't you're going to do well in LC German. However, studying with her notes and her help would definitely, in my opinion, help you.

But by no means do I think that I wouldn't have got an A in German had I not gone to her classes. She helped me in that all my grammer notes and stuff were together in the one place and she answered a few things I had difficulty with but I did the most of the work myself.

If I was to give you any advice for LC German, it is to learn off your Oral notes really well. The oral is so easy in German in comparison to the other langauges, practically everything cann be learned off beforehand, and the 20% that can't be learned off is just really simple and standard questions that you should have no problem wth. With a lot of Oral study, you can easily be looking at 85+ in that section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

Advertisement