Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Wrestling Forum And The Issue With rovert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gav444

Whatever you do don't let Vince be the mod! He prefers MMA to Pro Wrestling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Minto wrote: »
    Yes and Fozzy thought it was a joke from another board, which it is, but it shouldn't have been on this forum. I just let it go tbh. I got better things to do than argue with guys like him.
    Its not about arguing with rovert, tbh. The word '******', even if misspelled, is offensive. If I had read that post at the time I probably would have reported it myself. If nothing had been done about it, I would have gotten extremely pissed off.

Basically, I agree with VR!. We are not all privvy to in-jokes from other forums. The mere use of the word '******' will likely get me angry, even if not directed at me.

Likewise, whoever is using rovert's real name (can't remember who it is) should really be told to stop or GTFO.

See, Boards finds that word so offensive it won't even let me type it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Fozzy wrote: »
    The post of yours that rovert was quoting in the post that you linked to has you saying that you read something on that board. I was therefore under the impression that you'd have got the reference, as rovert probably was too

Ok, I can see where you're coming from, but I was just saying that because I couldn't remember where I had heard that rumour and thought it would prob have been on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Im not saying that what Rovert said is right but people on this board love to exaggerate things he says and go out of their way just to get him in trouble or get him banned..Its sad..I wont name names but ye know who ye are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Gav444 wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't let Vince be the mod! He prefers MMA to Pro Wrestling!

Given the current product, I wouldn't blame him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

callaway92 wrote: »
    Im not saying that what Rovert said is right but people on this board love to exaggerate things he says and go out of their way just to get him in trouble or get him banned..Its sad..I wont name names but ye know who ye are

It's not sad, if someone spends months crapping all over the regulars of a forum, when a thread like this comes up, it shouldn't be at all surprising that said person will get theirs. I've yet to find an exaggeration here. They're all facts (of which rovert loves so much). Rovert was out of line for 1) using the term and 2) dragging in jokes from another forum over to a forum where not everyone was clued into.

Sorry if you think that's sad, if you can justify it, more power to you.
    But you can't p*ss on someone, and then try to convince them that it's raining.

VR!

VR! is just upset because rovert usurped his place as No.1 Heel.:p

VR! is just upset because rovert usurped his place as No.1 Heel.:p

I always found that hilarious, that was tagged by users, not me. And it was because people disagreed with my opinions (which is their god given right), not because I was being a general dick towards them (unless they had it coming).

So why would I be upset? ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

VR isnt a heel imo..Hes an inbetweener

• Advertisement

Damnit, he clocked me for what I truly am.
    Now i'm gonna have to reg under a new damn name and start all over again!

Now we've had our fun, can we get back to the matter at hand please, folks? ;)
    VR!

I always found that hilarious, that was tagged by users, not me. And it was because people disagreed with my opinions (which is their god given right), not because I was being a general dick towards them (unless they had it coming).

So why would I be upset? ;)
    VR!

bcuz u sux it!!!

Seriously though, I've never actually had a problem with VR. I have however, wondered if he sometimes forgets to write "VR!" at the end of a comment, will he edit his post to include, or just accept defeat and leave it out?

I must admit, I kinda feel bad for Rovert (I've even PM'ed him to say so, so he doesn't think we're all heartless dicks, not that im calling anyone here that. I know he's gotten some people really wound up over the months, but i just think this is all very harsh and unnecessary).

You got banned for 5 days, didn't you?

Seriously though, I've never actually had a problem with VR. I have however, wondered if he sometimes forgets to write "VR!" at the end of a comment, will he edit his post to include, or just accept defeat and leave it out?

Once, on the podcast thread, i put my real name in there. I wasn't quick enough to edit and got busted for it. Not like it's national security or anything (it's in my last.fm sig anyway), but the reactions were quite amusing.
    I must admit, I kinda feel bad for Rovert (I've even PM'ed him to say so, so he doesn't think we're all heartless dicks, not that im calling anyone here that. I know he's gotten some people really wound up over the months, but i just think this is all very harsh and unnecessary).

You reap with you sow, I guess. This is exactly the reason why i never took that step too far.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sure hasn't rovert been accused of trolling the F4W website which he is also a member of? He has even admitted to trollish behaviour on this site as well. This is from the podcast thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153442&page=25
    rovert wrote:
    It was my suggestion actually.

Anyway Ive just trolled Bryan something rotten tonight. :D
    rovert wrote:
    He offered my a lifetime membership if I can prove him wrong about about the dip in quality of the website.
    rovert wrote:
    Update: Ive ran off Bryan from his own board and expect my name mentioned on todays podcast.

I've long believed the guy gets a kick out of rubbing people the wrong way. Some people are acting like the guy is a misunderstood soul.

Are we honestly supposed to believe that he is a troll on another board but that on the Boards.ie wrestling forum he simply doesn't know what he's doing?

He's a smart guy and he knows exactly what he's doing. The softly softly approach clearly isn't working if some people feel there has been a decline in the quality of the forum due to his OTT attitude and are now unwilling to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I will be the first to admit i have purposely rubbed Rovert up the wrong way just to get a reaction.

To which i apologised for.

But i think KKV said it the best, he likes wrestling, which is a good thing. But he doesn't like anyone being wrong, which isnt so good.

A few different times he IS right, and he has the proof and people are thankful sometimes to his insight into certain facts.
    But
    He has got an attitude. I haven't been on here long, but in the time i have i have learnt more about how many people think THIS* is a good idea where as others will hate the very thought of it.

But a discussion board isn't about arguing your point until the other party shuts up or accepts defeat,(there is however a time and place for this, its rare tho)
    It should be about loads of different minds of wrestling coming together and just being able to build on their knowledge.

To the point of Rovert, he is knowledgeable, sometimes nearly scaryishly good.
    And to ask proof is an acceptable form of debate, but not discussion.
    If your mate is having a chat with you and you say something to which he replies "PROVE IT", then its not a dicussion.
    This is what rovert does, he will try and back up the fact that he knows a lot by showing how little he can make "poster X" look.

**Edit:

*means any subject matter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Validreasoning! should be banned if rovert is.

Rovert > Validreasoning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yo. No way I'm reading all 8 pages of this. I read the first few and got the jist of it. Rovert can be annoying yeah but 90% he isnt doing anything "wrong". Seriously, the amount of PMs and reported posts I've gotten because of him is unreal. To the point I'm pretty sure a few of the PW posters have been in communication with each other and and trying to report him so much he gets banned. I'm not a MASSIVE pw fan anymore, I dont even keep up with it that much to be honest. But I have a passing interest and I clean up the forum where I think it needs it. A lot of the stuff that gets reported doesnt actually need action it just needs people to stop being little bitches.
    PW is a mess most of the time but that reflects the posters not the mods. People on there need to start policing themselves and being adults (if they are). If someone does something wrong EXPLAIN to them what the process is for posting spoilers or whatever. Dont just report them and call them a spa.

I'm available via PM but dont have the time to keep checking this thread bar the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

bombidol wrote: »
    PW is a mess most of the time but that reflects the posters not the mods. People on there need to start policing themselves and being adults (if they are). .

I don't think the PW board has been a mess really except for the last couple of months. And that's been reflected in a number of people posting a lot less and some leaving altogether. Not because they're "acting like bitches" according to you but that they just find the place not the positive one it once was.

There's no need for some of your comments either referring to posters to stop "acting like bitches" and to act like adults "if they are" especially from a mod who won't even read all the mainly constructive feedback members of the wrestling board have given about the situation on this thread.

At it's best, it can be one of the best forums on boards and thats a reflection of the people that contribute to it.

CHD wrote: »
    Validreasoning! should be banned if rovert is.

Rovert > Validreasoning!

Was wonder how long it would take for you to throw your oar in, you really need to grow the f*ck up, your last couple of posts on that forum were just to bitch at me! :)

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sorry for the long reply but this thread is about me and this my first time seeing it.
    I noticed that too. The guy gets lambasted in there for his knowledge rather than thanked for it.

Rarely when people attack me actually take into account I’ve answered questions politely without incident for them in the past or often in the same thread they are attacking me.
    Nah, bombidol and Fozzy are doing a great job modding it, in fact Foz, to his credit has busted his balls on that forum since he took the position up a year ago.

I agree 100%, in particular Fozzy has the patience of a saint.
    He doesn't just ask for "proof", he demands it. If anyone has an opinion, he shoots it down with fact. Facts are facts, which are fair enough,!

???

If an opinion can be shot down so easily, it doesn’t say much for that opinion, does it? If people say Shawn Michaels has 1/3 bad matches, 1/3 mediocre matches and 1/3 great matches, yes VR I will ask them how they did arrive at that opinion.
    I admit, i'm not saint on said forum, but when i was asked to tone my posts down by the mods, i'd no problem with it. !

Nor have I, you can ask the mods that. Also other posters have mentioned that my perceived behavior has been toned down.
    He also has a really annoying habit of using in jokes from another forum

I wouldn’t call doing something about dozen times a habit. You are being a bit harsh there, VR.
    orestes wrote: »
    I think people got more annoyed with Roverts posting style in the beginning (short sentences, sometimes even just the word "proof?", and his directness) but I think that after a while some people started to get annoyed with him personally because they found him difficult to interact with. That and he showed up all of a sudden and started acting this way probably irked a few older posters and gave them a bad impression of him from the start.

I’ve only done the short sentences (which I elaborated on btw) handful of times. I’ve apologized a number of times to those who got annoyed when this issues gets raked up every so often, a fact which some seem to chronically forget.

He is clearly one of the most knowlegable people on the board when it comes to wrestling, but his posting style sometimes comes across as though he is not actually trying to discuss a subject, it appears more like he is dissecting it. He is trying to discuss things and is open to discussion, but he has a more analytic/scientific approach to things and other posters seem to have a problem understanding his point of view.

A minute ago you were criticizing me for one word sentences; I can’t win either way, can I?
    That is why when someone posts their opinion and he disagrees with them people get annoyed. They think he is just putting them down, he isn't, he is just saying that from his point of view, the one that he believes has examined the subject matter more completely their opinion is wrong or misguided. It also explains his constant requests for proof when people post unsourced articles or articles from sites that are reputedly unreliable.

Just recently I posted a topic about unreliable website which a lot of people here cite which posted three news stories credited to the most creditable news source which was entirely false. My point of view does at least have merit.
    A bit more civility and patience on both sides and the whole thing would be nowhere near as much of an issue imo

I agree
    Just saw this thread on my travels and said I'd butt in! I was until about 2 weeks ago a regular contributor to the PW board, but since rovert joined I've just become frustrated by his incessant search for 'proof' and his one word replies e.g. "FALSE". o

As I’ve said already I’ve only done that maybe half a dozen times in my first hundred post. So your characterization of me is unfair to say to say the least. What is wrong with asking for proof on something that I find particularly ridiculous or where there is easily attainable information (were are on the internet folks) to the contrary.
    EDIT: I too had put rovert on ignore, but almost every thread on the forum has mulitple post 'debates' involving him and I end up seeing 90% of what he says through quotes, so there was no point leaving him on ignore. I just stopped posting and viewing threads there now.

Such as? Maybe my memory is bad but I don’t remember “every” thread being like that. I know you are using it as a turn of phrase but still lets deal with facts on this particular issue if we going to talk about this like adults and outside of exaggerations.
    amacachi wrote: »
    I don't think an extra mod is needed tbh, things don't usually get very personal, just pedantic, in my opinion anyway. Few people just need to know when to stop replying.

Or when some ask can we move or can we get back on topic. Can people stop posting after that question “No rovert Im going to have my say and I don’t care if it is off topic. Blah blah [says the exact same thing as the previous person attack rovert.] Then signing off with you are always taking topics off topic, rovert.”

I agree - things often get out of hand when a quick reminder to get back on topic is all that is needed. Usually rovert is involved since he is a last word freak the like of which I have never seen before who will endlessly disect every single post which conflicts with his opinion.

“Last word freak” is a stock line you always use, CH. As I always say to you if you can reply to my posts, I can repy to yours. This a discussion board, dude. Can we deal outside of over exaggerations please guys?
    I think the opinion with a good few of the posters in PW is that PW was a fun place to have a discussion. Rovert comes along and saps the fun out of it with his dry attitude and insisting on facts, always the taker of the last word, and generally, coming off as looking like a smarmy git.

I sorry that I burst people’s bubbles, VR. Look it is very hard to be relatively knowledgeable and not come off as a smarmy git even when trying to be helpful, people will say “tut you all the answers don’t you?”
    Not entirely true, some of rovert's replies indirectly provoke arguments with a lot of the posters, because of his attitude. Technically speaking, rovert does take it off topic. If he'd be a little more civil, it would avoid a lot of crap over on PW.

Id argue people are less civil to me than I am to them even at the height of a heated argument.
    It's supposed to be a forum for discussion, not argument. It's become a lot more argument based since rovert came along in my honest opinion.

But often arguments occur when people don’t want to discuss their opinions. There in lies the root of the problem.
    Took the words out of my mouth. I wouldn't like to see him banned or to go away, just calm down with the search for facts and just let people post an opinion without having to defend it.

If can’t defend your opinion from simple probing it does say much for your opinion.
    The point I am trying to make though is that people make points and when he says to back it up they go all in a frenzy at him..As you said..This is a discussion board and he wants people to discuss the point they make

People have been gravely offended when I’ve brought that up. The attitude of “My opinion is my opinion AND THAT’S IT!” is quite pervasive on the Pro Wrestling boards,

It's not that black and white callaway, if it was just a case of requesting to back up a statement, that's fine, but he picks and picks apart and turns a discussion into an argument.

And "Proof", "False", and "WRONG!" are not exactly the best ways to request to back up a point.

To rovert's credit, he's calmed down on that aspect, but he needs to learn to stop acting like he's a prosecution solicitor on the stand, when it comes to posting. If he'd only quit that BS, i'm pretty sure all would be peachy creamy.

VR!

As I’ve point out to you before I’ve only used short word answers half a dozen times. I apologized and stopped that practice MONTHS ago and it does not typify my behaviour even round the time I did do it.

kearnsr wrote: »
    Rovert seems to pop alot as some one who knows his stuff but doesnt have say the internet skills not to let people wind him up and gets carried away with himself. I've no problem with him but he gets carried away to easy. The cena is injured thread is one example of this

No it is not, it is an example of people piling on me and not moving on or returning to topic when I politely asked them.
    Why can't someone just post an opinion on a match or situation without having to back up their argument. I don't mind if someone quotes me and says he/she disagrees with mine, but to have it picked apart saying my opinion is wrong and my facts are flawed just annoys me. I have stopped posting/visiting that forum because of it and I'm sure others have too.

Should I partonise you then and pat you on the head sending you on your merry way then? Instead of treating you an intelligent human being with a rational though process?
    No it's not that simple. He has a terrible habit of nit-picking and doing his level best to try to find fault with what others write even in the most minute details which might not have been the main thrust of a point. That is just one of the things that gets some peoples backs up.

If it is a habit you should be able to give a number specific examples to state your case. You have a habit of never posting when wrestling is actually being discussed but when people start attacking me you are more than happy to post dozens of posts in the pile on as demonstrated yesterday..
    I think the thing with rovert is you get the feeling there's no getting through to him. I've had heated debates with VR for example but we could usually see the other point of view.

Then you are very selective in your opinion of me, I’ve conceded many points and acknowledge great and well made points.
    However, I personally do not care for rovert's posting style, which seems to me to get very aggressive very fast, and includes insulting others.

I’m a product of the environment I post in, people are more aggressive to me than I am them.
    To back this up, take the Cena injury thread. I have outlined in the thread itself how someone could easily have gotten confused as to what rovert was saying. Rovert thinks that anyone who can't keep up with his wit (which was displayed completely sans smilies, or without any other means of differentiating his 'joke' posts from his 'real' posts) is "dumb". Even when asked repeatedly for clarification, he cannot bring himself to do it. He responds with posts like 'CLUES:' and 'NO ONE NEEDS 12-15 MONTHS TO FILM A FILM!!!'. And personally I don't think Fozzy's intervention was at all helpful. He said that other peole don't get jumped on as much as rovert if they make an unclear point, but this misses the point. I know of no other poster who wouldn't immediately clarify what s/he meant (well, maybe VR!, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try back that up :P). Rovert's style is to attack and insult or get overly defensive.

I’m not rehashing what I’ve already said in the thread. But you are taking things out of context and attributing thoughts that I didn’t have. People were either piling on, trolling or more innocently not reading the full thread. I apologized for the miscommunication in this thread btw,
    A second example was from back on the Randy Orton accident thread, where he kinda went mental because I had to gall to disagree slightly with what he said. But he did apologise, so I won't hold that against him forever.

Let me know when the statue of limitations is up on that will you? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Yo. No way I'm reading all 8 pages of this. I read the first few and got the jist of it. Rovert can be annoying yeah but 90% he isnt doing anything "wrong". Seriously, the amount of PMs and reported posts I've gotten because of him is unreal. To the point I'm pretty sure a few of the PW posters have been in communication with each other and and trying to report him so much he gets banned.

I doubt it's the conspiracy that you're making it out to be. The fact of the matter is, his attitude has rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. Everyone's guilty of that, myself included. However not everyone's guilty of doing it in nearly thread they're involved in. Rovert on the other hand is.
    I'm not a MASSIVE pw fan anymore, I dont even keep up with it that much to be honest. But I have a passing interest and I clean up the forum where I think it needs it. A lot of the stuff that gets reported doesnt actually need action it just needs people to stop being little bitches.

Including the people that cause the reporting in the first place. However the impression a lot of people are getting is that a blind eye is being turned in this case. Probably because there's nothing specifically in the PW charter about trolling not being tolerated?
    PW is a mess most of the time but that reflects the posters not the mods. People on there need to start policing themselves and being adults (if they are). If someone does something wrong EXPLAIN to them what the process is for posting spoilers or whatever. Dont just report them and call them a spa.

Rovert has been asked/told time out of number by mods and users to tone it down a bit. Months have gone by and bugger all has changed. Saying PW is a mess most of the time is also a little extreme, I think it's been quite the opposite in the past year or so, and certainly compared to years ago when the lunatics literally ran the asylum! If anything, the PW forum has generally matured, especially with the likes of the Podcast, ATH and the Draft threads.

I do agree that certain people do need to start policing themselves, but what happens when that doesn't happen?

OK.. Here's my thoughts on the situation

Rovert likes wrestling, which i like, but he doesn't like being wrong, which is something i don't like.

He annoyed me when I posted a thread about WWE Anthology II. I was pretty bored that day, and being a fan of WWE's themes, i made a 'wish-list' of sorts. A list of music I'd like to see on the album. Rovert grilled me for picking music that was already on the original Anthology CD, when, in fact, none of the music i picked had appeared on the previous one. I pointed that out to him and he replied with something along the lines of "I'm not gonna be trolled into this" which made no sense and was a ridiculous thing to say.

Here is the thread you are referring to:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326920

I sensed another pile on so I decide not to I felt I was being trolled (bullied.) Later I did in a jokey fashion which being a theme buff you would up on “Tell me a lie.”

However, I realised that time that despite what I do or say, he will not admit to being wrong.

Again another unfair characterization.

Kane is my favourite wrestler. I know not everyone likes him, but i like him. Rovert would be of the opinion that because my favourite wrestler is a wrestler that he dislikes, that i therefore don't know anything about wrestling (paraphrasing from previous arguments).

Your paraphrasing is too simplistic, please cite examples. VR did far more out and out slanging of your fandom than I ever have.

I think rovert is a troll. I have used the Ignore feature on him ever since we had quite a heated altercation over a book I commented on which I did not read and he referred to my views as retarded.

After that I just thought 'what's the point dealing with this guy'?

I've seen him be very disdainful towards other people's views on the board and I feel there is a direct correlation between the general decline of the good-natured banter on the board and his sharp, acid-tongued attitude.
    I felt the book had no credibility by not having Bret in the list. Bret Hart made the 100 Greatest Canadians list and yet didn't feature as being one of the greatest Candian wrestlers which I felt was quite absurd. Surely you don't have to read a book to form an opinion about the list inside it?

That you don't see anything wrong in what rovert posted makes me sad. To describe another poster's views as 'retarded' is not on, in my opinion, and deserves a warning. If rovert meant it to mean 'not fully formed', he could have said so directly. Rovert is an intelligent guy. He most likely knew what he was doing, using a word like retarded, which could have an alternative (and less offensive) meaning. The fact that you agree with his point shouldn't cloud you to the manner in which he makes it.
    I beg your pardon?

As a big Bret Hart fan I consider leaving him out of a list celebrating great Canadian wrestlers to be crazy and I used the analogy before of it being like, to me, a book celebrating NI's greatest footballers and not having George Best in it.

Would I therefore have a retarded view if I slated such a book because I did not read it?

I resent anyone telling me my views are retarded because I haven't read a book which to me is lacking major credibility due to its content.

Here is thread you are referring to:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324275
    rovert wrote:
    Your views are retarded as you know nothing about the contents of the book. Yet you make judgments about it. You know nothing about Canadian wrestling history or even Bret's own views of Sky Low Low's place in history.

You are completely uninformed on this issue and add little to the discusssion.

There is little ambiguity in what I meant by using that word given the context of my post and previous post of mine in the thread.
    mehfesto2 wrote: »
    My main quibble I suppose, is that I get the feeling that Rovert doesn't see - or doesn't want to see - the opposing side's argument in many debates.

Again give me an example of me totally not seening the opposing side's argument when presented in a clear, understandable and factual manner?

With all this talk over the 'retard' post, I just remembered the time rovert called me a fagot and got away with it. Here's the link to the post: Click ME!
    Dunno why I'm posting it, I guess its just another example of his behaviour for the boards to see.
    I explained this before. Minto had talked about the board on a website that he is a member of, Figure Four Online. rovert is also a member there. Minto had posted something about the Figure Four board. rovert replied to him using a sort of in-joke from that board, saying "fagot". "Fagot" is a term of affection if anything on that board

To me it's the equivalent of someone making a South Park reference and someone else replying to them using some sort of joke from the show, using an "insult" that isn't actually offensive in the context of the show

If Minto were not a member of that other board and he hadn't been posting about it then I would have taken some action against rovert

I did tell rovert not to do it again though
    Yes and Fozzy thought it was a joke from another board, which it is, but it shouldn't have been on this forum. I just let it go tbh. I got better things to do than argue with guys like him.
    The difference is though, South Park is accessable to many while Figure Four Online is a members only board. Minto would have gotten the joke, you got the joke as a subscriber, but anyone not a member of that board would be oblivious to it and could have been (and in some cases were) offended by his comment.
    The post of yours that rovert was quoting in the post that you linked to has you saying that you read something on that board. I was therefore under the impression that you'd have got the reference, as rovert probably was too

Minto this was said in context of us talking about the F4W board in the podcast thread after Minto and Fozzy recording a podcast which Minto spouted every phrase and adopted phrase (NO BUYZ! and EPIC FAIL for two respective examples) from that website and that website’s own podcast. I apologized in the thread and as Fozzy said I’ve never said that word again for fear of further offence. Minto and in particular Fozzy’s over reaction was homophobic in my opinion too. Similar F4W references have appeared on other sites, Fighting Sprirt Magazine & Power Slam.

I also recall rovert once saying "if you're smart enough, you'll get the in-jokes", which is hardly justification at all.

Link please, I can’t find that? Don’t misquote me if I didn’t say it.

I will Cartoon Head did in the Black Machismo thread but I didn’t take the bait.
    Sure hasn't rovert been accused of trolling the F4W website which he is also a member of? He has even admitted to trollish behaviour on this site as well. This is from the podcast thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153442&page=25

Way ignore the context of that board only recently moderation has been put into place in a limited number of forums (the least popular ones btw.) Bryan (co-owner ,former owner of the board and the website it is hosted on) has himself admitted that he trolls his own board. It is a trolling board. Don’t talk about things that you don’t know about.

Rovert has been asked/told time out of number by mods and users to tone it down a bit. Months have gone by and bugger all has changed.

You have contradicted yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The lunatics never ran the asylum. I had the PW board set up in the first place and have been mod since day one. I let a lot of stuff lay as it adds to the nature of the board. If everything people reported was to be edited or deleted there would be about 3 threads on the forum and im serious about that. I get reported posts in my inbox multiple times a day as well as PMs from posters. about 50% of those are dealt with and the other 50% are simply people bitching and moaning. "He called me a sap" "He looked at me funny" seriously, this is the level of complaint we get as mods a lot of the time. Thats part of the job and its fine but like I said, people need to start policing themselves. PW as a whole attracts kids and weirdos but theres a core group of sane regular folk who post there. Theres about 6 posters on PW who I consider "senior" members who have their heads screwed on that I take more seriously than others. If they report a post then I'll look in to it fully. Anyone else and I check it out and assess the situation but if its not serious or might lead to further decent debate I leave it. I'm sure Fozzy feels the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

To the point I'm pretty sure a few of the PW posters have been in communication with each other and and trying to report him so much he gets banned. A lot of the stuff that gets reported doesnt actually need action it just needs people to stop being little bitches.

I seriously hope you were joking or got out of the wrong side of the bed when you posted that rubbish, thinking people are ganging up and acting like bitches to get rovert banned is way way off the mark and i would have expected better from a moderator tbh, anyhoo rant off

As for rovert, god i really need to reign myself in here so im going to try and post civilly, i personally think rovert gets away with murder and enjoys winding people up to the point where the mods are pmed and people get angry at him for doing so, nobody is disputing that fact rovert posts some good stuff, but he has the internet etiquette of an amoeba, either that or he deliberately posts in a style to wind people up, i dont care about in jokes from other boards, calling someone a fagot (I dont care if its a term on other boards) it is damn offensive to people and has no place on PW or any other board to be honest

I consider rovert a bad influence on the board and he should have been removed ages ago, he may not be the instigator of arguments but his posting style sure carries on the arguments for pages of pages of bull****

While fozzy is a good mod hes far to lenient on Rovert (why I have no idea), at this stage there has been varying arguments for and against rovert, weve argued with him on the PW board and fozzy has started this thread, so even though both fozzy and bombidol think theres nothing wrong with him or his style, surely be to god the opinions of your posters and even the existence of this thread seem to indiacte theres the tiniest doubt about rovert

I want the wrestling board to go back to the way it was, a fun place to be to post about wrestling and not what its become lately, the spanish inquisition

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

shinzon wrote: »

I want the wrestling board to go back to the way it was, a fun place to be to post about wrestling and not what its become lately, the spanish inquisition

Me too. It's sad that many regular posters have stopped posting over the last few months.

However, I realised that time that despite what I do or say, he will not admit to being wrong.
    Rovert wrote:
    Again another unfair characterization.

That Anthology II thread shows that you don't admit to being wrong Rovert.

I don't want to argue with anyone on the internet (i don't mind discussing things, but being at each others' virtual throats isn't my idea of fun).

You were wrong, and I see you are now saying that your 'Tell Me A Lie' post was your way of saying it (which I got at the time, but i was being stubborn and i still am about it) that It annoyed me that you wouldn't just say "You're right, i was wrong, my bad".

You don't have to post in riddles all the time.

Like i say, and I've even PM'ed you saying it, I don't like the way everyone is on your back now, but I do understand that you've caused it yourself.

But in that anthology thread, you bugged me and I haven't argued with you since (well, we had a little bickering over Foley, but hardly anything too bad).

And in relation to your above post (the really long one), when people don't detail their opinion in great depth, it doesn't mean that their opinion is worthless, it just means that they aren't in the humor of making long posts and getting drawn into arguments over it.

undecided.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Yo. No way I'm reading all 8 pages of this. I read the first few and got the jist of it. Rovert can be annoying yeah but 90% he isnt doing anything "wrong".

I really would have thought a mod would have the interest to want to read all that's been said here. I'm not trying to rise you, but surely reading the whole thread would give a better overview and understanding of what people feel exactly. You could have easily missed something quite important.

I'm not a MASSIVE pw fan anymore, I dont even keep up with it that much to be honest. But I have a passing interest and I clean up the forum where I think it needs it. A lot of the stuff that gets reported doesnt actually need action it just needs people to stop being little bitches.

I've nothing against not keeping up with PW, infact it probably gives you a more impartial view over things over all. However I think asking people to stop being "Little bitches", is like the Garda asking people to stop commiting crime. Sometimes I think a small word with someone - and I don't just mean Rovert, becuase I don't believe he's involved in all arguments in PW- could prevent a big kick off.

I think this does highlight the need for a new mod however. Prefarably I would like to see someone not already involved in PW. Just my thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I don't actually see a problem other than over reaction here. Roverts style does annoy me at times, but I think it is counterbalanced by good insight, when indeed it is posted in a non condescending way.

I will admit to being annoyed at that Cena thread yesterday. If someone asked a straight question, whether the story was accurate or not, it was jumped upon.

But if people are that annoyed at one poster, use the ignore function.
    bombidol wrote:
    PW is a mess most of the time but that reflects the posters not the mods. People on there need to start policing themselves and being adults (if they are).

It is far from a mess. It is actually far better now that when such mods as "hanza" was around. And it is quite self policing. Fozzy does a good job, and he has a presence. Not saying you do a bad job Bombidol, but you have very little presence on the forum. All the mods should have a presence on their forum, a lá soccer, and IMO, that would keep the nonsense to a minimum. As for self policing, I think that exists to a degree, but how far can that go without fellow posters accusing another of trying to be a mod?

• Advertisement

Yo. No way I'm reading all 8 pages of this. I read the first few and got the jist of it. Rovert can be annoying yeah but 90% he isnt doing anything "wrong". Seriously, the amount of PMs and reported posts I've gotten because of him is unreal. To the point I'm pretty sure a few of the PW posters have been in communication with each other and and trying to report him so much he gets banned. them and call them a spa.

Im guessing Comic Book Guy and Cartoon Head. Those two thank each others post a bit too much if you ask me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement