Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying 2 way radios in Waterford

• 26-08-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a company/shop that sells the higher end mobile 2 way radios in Waterford? I'm not after the argos type. I've a specific Motorola model in mind.

I'd prefer to give a local company a shot at giving it to me for a decent price than buying it online from the UK.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its often more expensive to buy in the shops then online.. (not always, but in a lot of cases).

There is a crowd in Dungarvan I think - ask over on the Hobby Radio forum for recommendations, they know a few places down around here the last time I poked my head in there. Just cant recall the exact name!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

It would depend what band if your goin for the VHF type your better off going online to get them but if its a CB radio band you might pick them up in cash converters or toners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

If you have something specific in mind give south east communications a try.

www.sec.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

bp_me wrote: »

www.sec.ie

is that yer man Eamonn? i remember a lad used to be at all the radio shows up in dublin many many moons ago called eamonn and im nearly sure his company was called South East Communications

/anorak off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

is that yer man Eamonn? i remember a lad used to be at all the radio shows up in dublin many many moons ago called eamonn and im nearly sure his company was called South East Communications

/anorak off :rolleyes:

Nope. Eamonn was Waterford Communications Centre. No longer open for business.

South East Communications is Gary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bp_me wrote: »

www.sec.ie

Ya I think thats the crowd that was recommended to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Eamonn was the lad out in cherrymount wasn't he? I bought an antenna from him about 2 years back. Not sure if he still sells stuff. Trotter, what do you want the radios for, and what sort of range are you looking for? Do you want something for your car or something mobile for your belt/pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

dlofnep wrote: »
    Eamonn was the lad out in cherrymount wasn't he? I bought an antenna from him about 2 years back. Not sure if he still sells stuff. Trotter, what do you want the radios for, and what sort of range are you looking for? Do you want something for your car or something mobile for your belt/pocket.

Ah no, something mobile. Im looking at the XTNid.

Advertisement