Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat FPS on PS2?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please reccommend a good first person shooter for PS2??

I have just completed Black and am having withdrawel symptoms.

I picked up Medal Of Honour and Rainbow Six and they both suck compared to Black. :(

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

King Kong is really good. Theres a couple of sections where you play as Kong in 3rd person but the majority of the game is in 1st person. Youd get it for nothing now in the shops too used.

Either of the Brothers In Arms games are good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Timesplitters 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a great WW2 / horror game that literally lasted for ever to play. Great story, great action and plenty of those "wtf" moments when the monsters come at you round the corner. The graphics might seem a little dated now but you'll get your money's worth as you'll have hours and hours and hours of entertainment from it. You can't say that about most ps3 games that you can finish in a weekend.

I might go out and buy it again now :D

Oh and you could also consider the original Red Faction. Another great game that might also seem a little dated but good story and great action. It was also ground breaking in its day as you could destroy some of the environment to create new pathways to your objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Killzone. Project Snowblind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thanks lads I'll keep an eye out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I had no idea Black was that good. I thought everyone said it was a let down on release?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

noodler wrote: »
    I had no idea Black was that good. I thought everyone said it was a let down on release?

No it got good reviews and I've been meaning to pick it up for the XBox for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thanks again for all the tips!

Guys, I thought this thread was deleted and started another so perhaps if there are any more replies, you could put them here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=57083888

(mods - sorry!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It got really good reviews when it came out but I thought it was a load of garbage. Impressive visuals but the level design was miserable and AI was as think as two short planks. Didn't help that it lasted about 3 and a half hours on Normal.

My advice don't bother.

In fact don't bother with any FPS games on the PS2 they are all garbage. Cold Winter might be good, heard nothing but good things but I haven't played it and Timesplitters is useless unless in multiplayer and even then I think it's really over rated.

You can't go wrong with TimeSplitters 2 in single player. Its basically Goldeneye!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can't go wrong with TimeSplitters 2 in single player. Its basically Goldeneye!

The first level is decent, the rest is pretty mediocre.

Also goldeneye has dated terribly. i'd go so far as to say nowadays it's ****. (prepare for the backlash!).

Ah I have to disagree. Altho the first level is basically a copy and paste of the first goldeneye level (no bad thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Dont know if it fully qualifies as a FPS but it would have to be Hitman Silent Assassin for myself?

BTW anyone know if/when a PS3 Hitman game is coming out?

Advertisement