Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vespa ET2/ET4 and

• 26-08-2008 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hey

I had a ET2 about 3 years ago, but sold it when I went away travelling. Im back living in Dublin now and Id like to get another but the second hand market seems non exsistent. If I cant find a ET2 or ET4 second hand I'd be willing to buy new, bikeworld are listed as the offical vespa dealer. I've heard some unhappy reports with them, what are the other options for buying a new ET2/ET4?

Before when I had the ET2 I had a provisional that only required me to take the theory test. If I went to the ET4 (125cc) would I need to take a test?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

For suppliers - Scooter Island (Aston Quay) used to supply them I think.

For licenses, you'll need a learners permit M for 50cc or A1 for 125. Both now require that you wear an hi-viz tabard with L plates while riding.

Depending on when you applied for your provisional/learner's permit you may need to do the theory test again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 NickyNin

Try Buy and Sell.net I'm selling my PX125 there are a few ET2s on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

When you do the test for a 125cc is it possible to do it on an automatic bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

ChRoMe wrote: »
    When you do the test for a 125cc is it possible to do it on an automatic bike?

Yup but you get an automatic restriction. The gears are quite easy to get the hang off, you can even hire a bike for the test from an instructor. Worth doing to have the license, also do it on something bigger than a 125 instead -- you'll get an A instead of an A1.

With an A1 you can only ride a bike up to 11bhp (most 125cc machines fall into this category) with an A you can ride anything up to 33bhp or 0.25kw while on a learners permit and the restriction stays in place for two years after you pass your test, after which you can ride any cc bike you wish.

The test is exactly the same only with a different cc machine.

Advertisement