Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad First Day Back!!!!

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

As the title says, it was a bad day back to school. In fact, it was easily the worst. First off it was music, which was good, as always. Then, things changed. Triple, yes I said triple!, Maths. *shudder* The after lunch I had double English. Then Irish and Geography. Someone please make me feel better!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Jesus christ, triple maths? Personally I don't think that's too good a structure for a time table, I lost complete concentration as soon as the double class started last year.

I'll see how my timetable is tomorrow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Jay P wrote: »
    Someone please make me feel better!
    I could post it but then they'd have to ban me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got a 4 page english essay if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

We had three classes following the standard "Leaving Cert lol" talk.

Looked over summer tests in maths and did matrices with 12 questions for homework. Then Irish was spent making a lesson plan. Then we had non-LC Religion where we didn't do anything.

Now seniors have their own lunch area and we get a tea/coffee room in the morning or something. Which would be great if I didn't hate tea and coffee. I think it would be better if they still had vending machines. :pac:

Then I remembered that all of my classmates are very very boring people. Tomorrow's a fully day, oh sh-.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

And who says school is no fun? God what I wouldn't give to be back in school now! Sick of California! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Dave147 wrote: »
    And who says school is no fun? God what I wouldn't give to be back in school now! Sick of California! :cool:
    Ya it is a tough old life ain't it, loving how loads of my mates heading into 6th year today and me having a nice sleep in counting down the days till college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ya it is a tough old life ain't it, loving how loads of my mates heading into 6th year today and me having a nice sleep in counting down the days till college.

I hear that!

Don't worry folks, just remember, it only gets worse from here and there's months to go. Months of hard work or guilty procrastination, with the exams looming ever nearer and constantly at the back of your mind, not to mention the fact that you probably have no idea what the hell you want to do in college.

Have fun kthx xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Went back yesterday - today off due to in-service (lol)

That's not too bad... Here's my wedneday schedule.

Irish (first thing, every day)
    Career Guidance
    Maths
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics
    English

Also I've a physics test friday on what we did last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The Walsho wrote: »
    I hear that!

Don't worry folks, just remember, it only gets worse from here and there's months to go. Months of hard work or guilty procrastination, with the exams looming ever nearer and constantly at the back of your mind, not to mention the fact that you probably have no idea what the hell you want to do in college.

Have fun kthx xXx

Speak for yourself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Davidius wrote: »
    We had three classes following the standard "Leaving Cert lol" talk.

Looked over summer tests in maths and did matrices with 12 questions for homework. Then Irish was spent making a lesson plan. Then we had non-LC Religion where we didn't do anything.

Ha, I though we wouldn't be having any more of that talk today since it was yesterday we started. But no. We got a 40 minute lecture fro our French teacher, most of wheich we heard all last year, but with the added joy of now having oral EXAMS at the WEEKEND! before Christmas and also before the mocks. What a biatch.

We also did Matrices yesterday. We got three questions for homework and they took up about ten pages!

The joys of the Leaving Cert :D

Can't wait for the real work :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

As the title says, it was a bad day back to school. In fact, it was easily the worst. First off it was music, which was good, as always. Then, things changed. Triple, yes I said triple!, Maths. *shudder* The after lunch I had double English. Then Irish and Geography. Someone please make me feel better!
    Double accounting.
    Nuff said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 snowflakes

Ahh!! poor you-triple maths...
    My timetable is quite bad also.
    Wednesday seems to be the best- double music and double computers..:)
    But yea, everything else is pretty gloomy!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Got the triple Maths on Tuesday. I don't really mind though since I've got a enjoyable teacher and class and I like the subject. Would suck a lot though for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Triple classes are the worst idea ever. Most people lose interest half way through a double class, I can't imagine what a triple class is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Mine was OK. I had to stand for the duration of a long lecture from the year head and the principal on the importance of fifth year, then I had a study period in the computer room, then it was break and I found out that my locker this year is on the bottom row and is way too low down for me while a four foot tall first year gets the locker above it :rolleyes:. Then single periods of Business and Geography during which we looked at the courses for both subjects and were told that we should be watching Nationwide twice a week before an early finish.

Tomorrow I have a full day with every one of my exam subjects. I'm not looking forward to that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Never heard of having something three classes a day! :( Especially triple and even more especially maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Poxy timetable with regards to Wednesday and Friday, have two free classes after break and then one class after them on a Wednesday :mad: and then no free classes on a Friday afternoon which I was praying for (so I can get to Shels away games, have some determination now to get my full license asap).:mad: Overall, feck off school.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

so far mines not too bad.but already have 6 maths classes and they want to add an extra one in for honours.itl kill me had 6 last year and it was already horribly boring.after like 10 mins into the 2nd class i just couldnt concentrate and was staring into the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I remember last year when we had three maths classes divided over the course of the day on a Tuesday. Unfortunately it meant we didn't get a maths class on Wednesdays. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Not back till friday, which is a pissy day tbh, we'll have no timetables, so no books so we get to just randomly sit there for 8 classes! Never heard of this triple craic, even double maths irish or english is unheard of in my school, thank god!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yikes, triple classes! :eek: We never had triple classes!

Oh well, have fun :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Roisin89

Triple classes are pretty rubbish, but it'll be over before you know it! And then it's the excitement of college :D

And remember, you're not the only one who has to go through the pain of it. Everyone in your year that you don't like will have to, too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Poxy timetable with regards to Wednesday and Friday, have two free classes after break and then one class after them on a Wednesday :mad: and then no free classes on a Friday afternoon which I was praying for (so I can get to Shels away games, have some determination now to get my full license asap).:mad: Overall, feck off school.:D

Hey at least you get free classes,

My day was surprisingly good, got a lovely top locker and all that jazz.

However my English teacher decided to fuck off to austrailia on a 'career break'' WAGON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Triple maths?? jeez i feel for you, thats just crazy!

First day back today, twas grand did barely anything...spent the first class getting a talk and then being a prefect i had to show a group of first years round the school! nawww they are so cute lol. After break we had lcvp, just talked for it and then we had double games, did nothing we all just talked. Then had Irish, just talked, then in English we went over the Papers structure and in Biology we........talked!

It feels ok to be back though....actually it feels as if we were never away!

Am pretty happy with my timetable....no more double Irish!
    But on the other hand it means we have a class of Irish everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Triple classes are the worst idea ever. Most people lose interest half way through a double class, I can't imagine what a triple class is like.

Half way through a double class? I'd be on my second dream by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OP I have another cheer up for you.

I have to go in at 8AM for maths, with a double maths right after. it's like a quadruple class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We started the day off with a lecture from our economics teacher telling us that she was being postivive but we were all going to fail.
    This was repeated a few times all day. And the big lecture from principal hasnt happened yet, due to the boys school debs being on last night and most of sixth year leaving early to get ready for it.
    French essay, two english questions and an economics question.
    I got home and for some reason freaked.Like crying freaking. I dont know why.

I dont liek sixth year.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

ahh homework. As my maths teacher always said, 'a sum a day gets an A'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My new timetable is hideous!

Double PE on a Thursday, last year id be overjoyed and feck off home every Thursday, but NO i have freakin evening study and night study on Thursdays RAWR. Also i have double French tomorow, which is a horrible class.

On the upside i had a lovely nap today in Irish. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My new timetable is also hideous. We used to be in for 9, form and break at 10.50 and lunch at 12.25. This was my routine for five years, my stomach got used to it. I was HAPPY.

But now it's in class for 8.50 (those 10 minutes make more of a difference than you'd think) and a really early form/break at 10.05- far too close to breakfast! Then we have four classes until lunch at 1, at which point we'll be starving. On the plus side we'll be getting off at 1 on a Friday.

Our maths teacher is looking to run extra maths classes during a free period which just so happens to occur right after double maths on a Tuesday.

Woe is Piste :(

Advertisement