Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad First Day Back!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Piste wrote: »
    My new timetable is also hideous. We used to be in for 9, form and break at 10.50 and lunch at 12.25. This was my routine for five years, my stomach got used to it. I was HAPPY.

But now it's in class for 8.50 (those 10 minutes make more of a difference than you'd think) and a really early form/break at 10.05- far too close to breakfast! Then we have four classes until lunch at 1, at which point we'll be starving. On the plus side we'll be getting off at 1 on a Friday.

Our maths teacher is looking to run extra maths classes during a free period which just so happens to occur right after double maths on a Tuesday.

Woe is Piste :(

Ouch! We haven't had much changes like that, but we do have a 40 minute lunch on a wednesday which is teh ghey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jay P wrote: »
    Ouch! We haven't had much changes like that, but we do have a 40 minute lunch on a wednesday which is teh ghey.

We have no free periods and only 30mins for lunch everyday GRAWR!

All these changes came in once we were finally allowed to go to the shopping centre near by DAMNIT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I have double English last thing Thursday, then double English again the next morning!! :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Was back yesterday, all going well so far tbh. Teachers seem pretty bang on about the whole thing, basically they said we know you're gonna party hard, and we won't try and stop that, but just work hard too and have the right balance etc etc.

We also have this room in our corridor where we've a loadda comfy seats, a foosball table, a microwave, kettle, toaster etc which is very cool. Myself and three mates couldn't find where our Physics class had gone to today, so our principal (of all people) just told us to relax in the 'common room' until the next class starts :)

We're also at the very top of the school which involves monstrous walk up a loadda stairs which is a bitch, but we do have a great view of Terenure/rest of Dublin from all the classes and all.

Although we do have triple Maths on a Tuesday too :mad: Although they're not all in a row thankfully, we've a break or another class between each one. But it still is 2 hours of Maths in one day :eek:

Jello wrote: »

We also have this room in our corridor where we've a loadda comfy seats, a foosball table, a microwave, kettle, toaster etc which is very cool. Myself and three mates couldn't find where our Physics class had gone to today, so our principal (of all people) just told us to relax in the 'common room' until the next class starts :)

Another to add to the freakin list, our Common Room is really just a locker room, no seats, not allowed to eat in there FFS we're not babies (although apparently the cleaning staff refuse to clean the place) but we have huge lockers this year and theres a stereo. If only my year didnt only listen to cheap electro music (I mean i like electro as much as the next guy but not when its the only thing to listen to, and you listen to this cheap poorly recorded tripe GRAGH)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Back today....Last year we had one of the best teachers in the school for accountancy, no-one could fail with her as a teacher but.........she got pregnant and now we have the worst guy ever:mad::mad: he has a completely different style of teaching and he's principal so usually he misses half the classes in a week!!! He told us we'd probably start having extra classes after school aswell!! Its a balls cos accountancy was one of my best subjects always got 90-100%:( was sure of getting an a1 with her!! Then they wouldn't let me go back to pass maths, been trying to go back since before last x-mas and they're just sayin there's no rush don't worry about it now!! Just gonna keep annoyin the sh*te outta them til they let me back........!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

A lot of you have been talking about free classes?

Do ye actually have built in study classes into your timetables? We have none of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We have a free class when the Higher Maths do double maths and the Higher Accounting who dont do HL Maths do an extra accounting class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Oh i see, that must be fairly handy so!

God help the people doing HL maths, a double....shudder!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

We never got a study class... we did in fifth year, bizarrely enough, but none in 6th year. The HL maths class got an extra class while other people had Religion/PE, that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We have several study periods, a careers period and a few religion periods.

GARGH i have homework due tomorow but i cant be bothered doing it :(

I have homework due tomorrow, but am going to Electric Picnic >_>

I have homework due tomorrow, but am going to Electric Picnic >_>

Go see Little Green Cars :)
    And My Bloody Valentine,
    And not the Sex Pistols.

(words cant decribe how much i want to go, i even am of age GARGH [my new expression of fustration])

There are only 6 bands all weekend I want to see :p

CSS
    The Gossip
    Grinderman
    Crystal Castles
    Duffy
    Kíla

anf Franz Ferdinand if they don't clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

My new timetable is also hideous. We used to be in for 9, form and break at 10.50 and lunch at 12.25. This was my routine for five years, my stomach got used to it. I was HAPPY.

But now it's in class for 8.50 (those 10 minutes make more of a difference than you'd think) and a really early form/break at 10.05- far too close to breakfast! Then we have four classes until lunch at 1, at which point we'll be starving. On the plus side we'll be getting off at 1 on a Friday.

Our maths teacher is looking to run extra maths classes during a free period which just so happens to occur right after double maths on a Tuesday.

Woe is Piste :(
    I didn't know Woe was a drinker.

There are only 6 bands all weekend I want to see :p

CSS
    The Gossip
    Grinderman
    Crystal Castles
    Duffy
    Kíla

anf Franz Ferdinand if they don't clash.

OK OK

just make an effort to go to MBV theyre ridiculously good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

God i hate friday evenings>>>>last 3 classes, english irish and maths! So im all happy:) with my no homework, then come to these, and get totally murdered with everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

looking over this thread makes me happy im going into college this year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Great first day back pour moi! Highest in my class in history test :o and weather is nice.

And I've got golf on sunday.

Life is great :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

And so the first three days have ended and so begins the weekend.

Maths is awesome, English is boring and Irish is hard. Nothing has changed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I actually did my homework last night :cool:

well, sort of. I'm meant to write an extremely detailed description of a room but the picture is a photocopied, black and white blur!

phasers wrote: »
    I actually did my homework last night :cool:

well, sort of. I'm meant to write an extremely detailed description of a room but the picture is a photocopied, black and white blur!

Gee thanks for reminding me!

I have to go down the country this weekend, so ill have to do it on Sunday.

(We have Study Skills on Monday but i cant start putting stuff off so soon :pac:)

Advertisement