Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Hacking? - Informational Talk

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

This was posted about a year ago on modblog, but never knew it hit youtube.

It's a talk by Quinn Norton, an hour long, very interesting if you have an hour to spare. It's a bit dated now amazingly since microdermals have hit.

I'm just after watching it again, interesting stuff. The dubbing is a bit off but it isn't really an issue.

What counts as human?
    Are we robots?
    What is socially acceptable and why?
    How do you define what is beneficial?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

will check this out sometime next week wehn i have the hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I think she more skimmed over a lot of issues rather than gave a thorough insight in to a narrower range of issues.

She does bring up some interesting questions though.

The audience members at the end had valid points imo...that the question of "What is human?" is in many ways a misguided question. The state of being human is changing all the time, the pace of which is always getting faster. So according to this, we are no longer human as would be defined 200 years ago, and 'humans' 200 years from now will no longer be human from the point of view of our contemporary definition.

Advertisement